Playlist strategies

Playlist strategies
« on: October 14, 2017, 10:28:45 AM »
Does anyone know if it's possible to switch play lists in a given project while a certain playlist is playing?

I'm basically looking for the ability to loop certain beats indefinitely before proceeding with the rest of a song. So far, the only approach I've found is stopping the Tempest, switching on play list, and hitting start again.

Or let me know if there are any other ways you've found to control which beats are playing externally. As I understand it, patterns can't be changed via midi right?

Re: Playlist strategies
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 02:08:39 AM »
Patterns can be switched via MIDI yes.  You can control all 32 pads (16 in bank A, 16 in bank B) via MIDI.  In the System menu you'll find the MIDI remote settings.  In there you can set the remote functions of the pads: 16 sounds, 16 mutes, 16 beats or follow pad function.  In the case of the last one, the remote function of the pads will depend on which of those 3 modes you currently have selected on the Tempest, so you can switch it dynamically.  Also be sure to observe the MIDI note settings for each pad (again under the System menu) & if necessary adjust these to suit your needs.  Hope that helps ;)