New DSI synthesizer with Granular, WaveTables and Curtis filter!

Dear,

just imagine how dreamy it could be: a NEW Prophet synthesizer with granular, wavetable and resynthesis engines, with lot's of memory, but at the same time with analog Curtis filters and warm character of the sound in general!

Modern days PPG, but much deeper, more intelligent and dangerous!

Count it as a REQUEST! ;) Actually, it came out of discussions of what P12 lacks. Amazing instrument, no questions, but also P12 set the new standards for modern days hardware digital synthesizers, so the idea could be developed into something even more revolutionary.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:30:02 PM by T-Punk »

LoboLives

Re: New DSI synthesizer with Granular, WaveTables and Curtis filter!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 04:48:17 PM »
Dear,

just imagine how dreamy it could be: a NEW Prophet synthesizer with granular, wavetable and resynthesis engines, with lot's of memory, but at the same time with analog Curtis filters and warm character of the sound in general!

Modern days PPG, but much deeper, more intelligent and dangerous!

Count it as a REQUEST! ;) Actually, it came out of discussions of what P12 lacks. Amazing instrument, no questions, but also P12 set the new standards for modern days hardware digital synthesizers, so the idea could be developed into something even more revolutionary.

I am going to up the request. Take the concept of the synth engine in the Tempest. Two analog oscillators and two digital oscillators. The digital oscillators have the Prophet VS waves, PPG wavetables, linear FM and....wait for it...PCM samples (both new and from the Prophet 2000).

10 voice polyphony from the analog side and ten voice polyphony from the digital side. Have the old VS/Solaris joystick for modulation and a four track sequencer.

Basically a new Evolver but with more polyphony and sampling.

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 05:24:13 PM »
A REV2 with the addition of PCM attack transients would blow my mind.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 06:09:02 PM »
YES! 8)

Futuristic, but still "traditionally sounding", a deeply inspiring instrument for discovery. Even more "WAVE'ing" inside the sound, even more movement and animation on "an oscillator / generation" level. GOOD SOUNDING GRANULATION with revised Curtis filters...

Should be very cool)))

Maybe this sounds a bit unpolite and rude as an assumption, but I could imagine such a Dave Smith / Alex Hartmann collaborative project...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:20:07 PM by T-Punk »

LoboLives

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 07:52:16 PM »
YES! 8)

Futuristic, but still "traditionally sounding", a deeply inspiring instrument for discovery. Even more "WAVE'ing" inside the sound, even more movement and animation on "an oscillator / generation" level. GOOD SOUNDING GRANULATION with revised Curtis filters...

Should be very cool)))

Maybe this sounds a bit unpolite and rude as an assumption, but I could imagine such a Dave Smith / Alex Hartmann collaborative project...

I honestly would rather see a John Bowen/Dave Smith collaboration...well...another one as they already did the Prophet VS together or at least Mr. Bowen worked for Sequential and helped create the waveshapes.