Could There Be Another Rev2?

Sacred Synthesis

Could There Be Another Rev2?
« on: October 09, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »
The Mopho x4 is currently DSI's smallest keyboard synthesizer.  It's an understandably popular instrument, since it offers an inexpensive opportunity to have the classic Prophet '08 sound in a handy diminutive form.  In light of the P'08's recent resuscitation in the form of the Prophet Rev2, it seems reasonable to hope for a Mopho x4 Rev2.  I would think it would be a relatively simple technical matter to give it the same treatment, since this has already been done.  And with the new technology DSI now uses, who knows for what reasonable price the Mx4 Rev2 might be sold?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:28:24 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

Re: Could There Be Another Rev2?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 11:33:55 AM »
There are currently no plans to create an x4 Rev2. Doesn't mean it wouldn't ever happen, but we've got our sites on new designs vs remakes for the foreseeable future. Also worth noting, part of the reason the x4 has a lower price point is because it has a limited/shared parameter interface. It'd be an interesting exercise to see how much could be shaved off of the price if it were remade.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 12:09:59 PM »
It's a really nice size and it would be worthwhile to keep something like it around.  Perhaps a Rev2, or perhaps another similar instrument.  And besides, we know you guys sometimes change your plans.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:11:34 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 02:03:24 AM »
I would jump on it if the X4 was updated. Even if the price was close to the regular Rev2. Especially if it was given 8 voices. I'm "one of those" keyboard players who always prioritize buying gear over buying a car so I rely a lot on public transport for getting around. Most of the time I take my Nord Stage 3 Compact on the back and my Tetra and Mopho X4 in one hand. That allows me to take buses and metros in reasonable comfort. A 61 note keyboard would be too big for that. Further, the X4 is one of the rare synths that has a reasonable amount of full-size keys and still fits in carry-on luggage.