recommendation expression controller for rev2 ?

recommendation expression controller for rev2 ?
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:49:12 AM »
I tried to use a Yamaha FC-7 expression pedal connected to the rear Pedal/CV jack to control the filter cutoff (Globals/Foot Assign/LPF Half or LPF Full). Problem is that the FC-7 control range does not fit to the range of the rev2īs filter cutoff. Moving the pedal less than half sets the cutoff to maximum already, so itīs hard to control the full range.

Does anyone know a expression pedal that works good with the rev2 ?

Thanks in advance
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

Re: recommendation expression controller for rev2 ?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 08:32:50 AM »
I use the Moog EP-3.  It's $40.  Works great and you can set the range on it like a wah pedal.

Only thing I don't like is when you use an expression pedal on the REV2 for volume, it also silences effects like reverb and delay.  On my OB-6 when I use the same pedal, effects like reverb and delay still ring out after you bring the volume down which makes for great "swells" or quick stops where the effect tails still happen.

dsetto

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 12:12:11 PM »
... On my OB-6 when I use the same pedal, effects like reverb and delay still ring out after you bring the volume down which makes for great "swells" or quick stops where the effect tails still happen.
That's neat.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 01:30:18 AM »
I use the Moog EP-3.  It's $40.  Works great and you can set the range on it like a wah pedal.

Only thing I don't like is when you use an expression pedal on the REV2 for volume, it also silences effects like reverb and delay.  On my OB-6 when I use the same pedal, effects like reverb and delay still ring out after you bring the volume down which makes for great "swells" or quick stops where the effect tails still happen.

can you do me a favour and check if it will control the filter cutoff all the way ? (Globals/Foot Assign/LPF Half or LPF Full)

thanks ...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 01:33:32 AM by Proton »

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 02:26:52 PM »

can you do me a favour and check if it will control the filter cutoff all the way ?

Sorry. Just seeing this.  Just tried and it's working perfectly just as you'd expect.
I was able to close the filter down all the way and open it fully using the Moog EP-3.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 09:52:08 AM »

can you do me a favour and check if it will control the filter cutoff all the way ?

Sorry. Just seeing this.  Just tried and it's working perfectly just as you'd expect.
I was able to close the filter down all the way and open it fully using the Moog EP-3.  ;)

fantastic ... will buy

thanks & cheers  :)

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 09:03:58 AM »

I can't make it work with the Moog EP-3 :(
Do you have any advice ?