Send Midi clock only

MMYYKK

• Science
    • MMYYKK
Send Midi clock only
« on: October 06, 2017, 10:25:59 AM »
Is there a way I can filter midi to send only midi clock from the Prophet? Essentially I'm trying to sync the arpeggiators between my prophet and my moog without any note data going from the Prophet to the Moog so that I can play each independently and still keep time. I've achieved this in reverse because the sub37 has midi out filters so I can just turn off the note data output.  However I'd much rather use the prophet as a clock source because it has the screen with the numerical BPM display vs the sub37 which only has a dial for BPM and no exact way to dial in a specific number.

any help would be appreciated.

MMYYKK

• Science
    • MMYYKK
Re: Send Midi clock only
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 10:58:03 AM »
Bump.

Any suggestions for external midi devices that could help with this problem are also welcome.

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 06:09:00 AM »
I am using a E-RM multiclock for clock distribution. A bit expensive but totally worth it.

MMYYKK

• Science
    • MMYYKK
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 11:06:17 PM »
I am using a E-RM multiclock for clock distribution. A bit expensive but totally worth it.

Thanks man, this is exactly what I need.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 06:57:10 AM »
Is there a way I can filter midi to send only midi clock from the Prophet? Essentially I'm trying to sync the arpeggiators between my prophet and my moog without any note data going from the Prophet to the Moog so that I can play each independently and still keep time. I've achieved this in reverse because the sub37 has midi out filters so I can just turn off the note data output.  However I'd much rather use the prophet as a clock source because it has the screen with the numerical BPM display vs the sub37 which only has a dial for BPM and no exact way to dial in a specific number.

any help would be appreciated.
All you have to do is, set the synth to different MIDI channels. Now you can't play the Moog from the Prophet but it can receive the clock.

MMYYKK

• Science
    • MMYYKK
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 08:34:48 AM »
All you have to do is, set the synth to different MIDI channels. Now you can't play the Moog from the Prophet but it can receive the clock.

Thanks man, this suggestion worked but I've ran into a new problem now. I'm also trying to chain my TC Helicon Voicelive 2 into the matrix but the clock doesn't seem to be getting there. unfortunately the Moog does not have Midi Thru so I have to go prophet into the Helicon then "thru" the helicon into the Moog but I get no clock this way. it seems only midi note and program change messages make it there. any suggestions?

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 06:58:18 AM »

Thanks man, this suggestion worked but I've ran into a new problem now. I'm also trying to chain my TC Helicon Voicelive 2 into the matrix but the clock doesn't seem to be getting there. unfortunately the Moog does not have Midi Thru so I have to go prophet into the Helicon then "thru" the helicon into the Moog but I get no clock this way. it seems only midi note and program change messages make it there. any suggestions?

The Moog has "MIDI Echo", this means it can send the the incoming MIDI data to its MIDI out.
This is off by default. Look at the Moog manual how to turn it on.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:02:27 AM by Wolfram »