Recording drum patterns

RobH

Recording drum patterns
« on: October 03, 2017, 06:16:46 PM »
Today for the first time since i've had my Tempest have i wanted to record the drum midi data into my DAW,  i should be able to record all the drum data at once right?

I can manage to record one drums data by choosing it as the sequencer out, and i can record any data i play on the pads live, but i can't find a way to record my whole drum pattern at once, i've tried changing the PAD in and PAD out channels to no effect.

Surely its possible to record a full drum pattern?

I thought maybe i had to be in tunings mode after revisiting the manual but even this did not give me the results i'm after.

Anyone got an idea of what i'm doing wrong here?

Re: Recording drum patterns
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 06:50:07 PM »
I’m afraid only one sequencer out Channel my friend..Only what you play on pads and in sequencer out can be recorded from your DAW as you’ve mentioned..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:53:30 PM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

RobH

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 06:52:45 PM »
I’m afraid only one sequencer out Channel my friend..

Gotya, i thought the PAD out would run all the drums out seen as though you can do that if you manually press them, oh well, thanks Yorgoz at least i'm no longer going around in circles lol!

Thanks man

edit -  if i do some well timed menu diving i'll just do a long take changing the sequencer out to each drum and layer them haha. I'm sure it will be fine in the end xD
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:56:14 PM by RobH »

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 06:54:29 PM »
Glad i’ve Helped ;)