Tempest POLYSYNTH questions

Pidcin

Tempest POLYSYNTH questions
« on: October 01, 2017, 11:31:58 PM »
Howdy y'all

Can anyone be so kind as to answer my questions regarding the polysynth aspect for the tempest ?

#1 when you set up the FX, say a filter sweep to ribbon FX1 can you play and hold a note on the midi controller and use your finger to make the sweep filter through the sound as if you were physically turning the knob ?
And if so how?

#2 how do you assign your mod wheel ? I've tried following the instructions but don't get any sound. I'm doing something wrong , maybe just a different explanation

3# lastly, is it possible to assign the pitch wheel, mod wheel to what ever effects you desire and use the ribbon FX all at once ?

I'm also using 1 midi cable connected to a prophet 6

If anyone could help, that'd be awesome possums

Nick

Steven Morris

• Steven Morris Music & Sound
    • Steven Morris Music & Sound
Re: Tempest POLYSYNTH questions
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 07:01:02 PM »
Hi Pidcin,

#1 Yes AFAIK you can do this -- it won't record in the sequencer though (it will only be a stagnant value per note -- monophonic sequences only though)

#2 You can assign the Mod Wheel via the Mod Matrix. I don't understand what you mean by 'don't get any sound' in this context though. Can you elaborate?

#3 The pitch/mod wheel can be assigned to anything that is assignable in the Mod Matrix (so no compression/distortion IIRC). And yes, you can use all of those performance tools simultaneously. I'm not sure how this will affect MIDI if you have a complex system with a lot of daisy chaining going on, but it should be fine with just the Tempest + Prophet 6

Hope that helps!

Pidcin

Re: Tempest POLYSYNTH questions
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »
Hi Pidcin,

#1 Yes AFAIK you can do this -- it won't record in the sequencer though (it will only be a stagnant value per note -- monophonic sequences only though)

#2 You can assign the Mod Wheel via the Mod Matrix. I don't understand what you mean by 'don't get any sound' in this context though. Can you elaborate?

#3 The pitch/mod wheel can be assigned to anything that is assignable in the Mod Matrix (so no compression/distortion IIRC). And yes, you can use all of those performance tools simultaneously. I'm not sure how this will affect MIDI if you have a complex system with a lot of daisy chaining going on, but it should be fine with just the Tempest + Prophet 6

Hope that helps!

I found out soon after posting this that in order to get the ribbons working in realtime .. it's a UI parameter called real time ... go figure .. adoyyyy

Regarding the mod wheel situation.. I still haven't figured it out. I would like to have my mod wheel on prophet activate effects and what not , and same with the pitch bend wheel, however as I seemingly follow the menus instructions still fail to have the pitch wheel bend any notes and the mod wheel modulating the tempests polysynth

Thank you kindly for your time !

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:38:03 PM by Pidcin »