distortion behaviour

distortion behaviour
« on: September 23, 2017, 03:49:25 AM »
Hey dear Tempest Users,
got a question about the distortion: it seems to me that it has not a realy smooth transition fade in... the first 2mm of turning the encoder up, nothing happens, then suddenly one mm more and there is a huge amount of change....its hard for me to use it smoothly then....but maybe i am just misunderstanding how to use it proper....
any help or infos on that would be highly appreciated, i just hope that i dont have broken machine

greetings from a Tempest Lover ;)

Re: distortion behaviour
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 03:54:30 AM »
Sorry but there's nothing you can do..That's how T's distortion always worked
Hey dear Tempest Users,
got a question about the distortion: it seems to me that it has not a realy smooth transition fade in... the first 2mm of turning the encoder up, nothing happens, then suddenly one mm more and there is a huge amount of change....its hard for me to use it smoothly then....but maybe i am just misunderstanding how to use it proper....
any help or infos on that would be highly appreciated, i just hope that i dont have broken machine

greetings from a Tempest Lover ;)

Steven Morris

• Steven Morris Music & Sound
    • Steven Morris Music & Sound
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 05:31:34 PM »
As stated above it is what it is -- it used to bug me as well, but there are creative ways of masking this. For example, I've found that engaging distortion during a roll masks this. Perhaps using feedback in conjunction with the distortion can also help in this regard.

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 11:02:00 AM »
The roll trick sounds cool. Feedback...will have to check this out. We should add this as a tip/trick.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)