My haunted studio kills Prophet 6 midi.

My haunted studio kills Prophet 6 midi.
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:06:58 PM »
I'm also going to write to DSI directly. Just wanted to see, if anybody else has experienced anything like this.

Last summer I got my Prophet 6. The USB midi didn't work. After writing back and forth with DSI for months, trying to swap the motherboard, I got a new Prophet 6 from my dealer. The dealer checked it specifically for USB midi before shipping it out to me.

When I got the synth, the USB midi worked. Until last night, that is. Now it doesn't work ... again.

By saying "it doesn't work", I mean the USB midi seems completely dead. My Mac doesn't even register the Prophet 6 as a midi device.
Since I bought the Prophet 6 from a dealer pretty far from where I live, and I've already tried exchanging this synth once, I'm kinda at my wits end.

I initially got signed up for a pre-order almost a year ago. And I still don't have a fully working Prophet 6.
I've never experienced anything like this before.
I'm also an owner of a Moog Sub 37, and its USB midi just works.

Any suggestions are welcome.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:09:38 PM by Telstar »

Re: My haunted studio kills Prophet 6 midi.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 11:05:06 PM »
first things to try are a different usb cable and a different port on your computer/usb hub.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 03:22:45 AM »
first things to try are a different usb cable and a different port on your computer/usb hub.

Tried using the same exact setup with my Sub 37, and it worked fine.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 05:27:44 AM »
Probably worth emailing DSI support then: http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/support/contact-support/

thorp

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 07:37:50 AM »
I bought my P6 in October and USB had not worked since then with OS 1.1.0. Only with Beta OS 1.1.9.8 it works but there are other bugs in that OS.

But also via MIDI and local off it doesn't work correctly.
Hope they release a running OS soon.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 07:50:57 PM »
I've been in contact with DSI. They're saying their working on a fix.
If the USB midi is working for you with 1.1.98, this suggests to me it's a firmware issue.
When is 1.1.98 going public? Anyone?