Music Thread?

Music Thread?
« on: January 04, 2016, 05:13:32 PM »
Should we do  a "post your music" page like the old forum?   I'm mean keeping the occasional songs connected to individual instruments is fine but I'm thinking this might get to be a rats nest to search thru after a while.  A new user might want to just go right to posted music that DSI players make.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

Re: Music Thread?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 05:33:38 PM »
Should we do  a "post your music" page like the old forum?   I'm mean keeping the occasional songs connected to individual instruments is fine but I'm thinking this might get to be a rats nest to search thru after a while.  A new user might want to just go right to posted music that DSI players make.

Definitely. Maybe we can do a sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 07:52:07 PM »
You'd have to ask one of the administrators for that.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 08:09:19 PM »
Actually, any moderator can sticky any topic in their respective forum. Sharing your music with other musicians is great, and it would work well for each forum or parent forum to have a dedicated place to post links of this nature.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 08:12:06 PM »
But who's the moderator on this thread?

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 08:13:16 PM »
But who's the moderator on this thread?

There is none yet. I could do it, if you need someone else. I offered it months ago anyway.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 12:32:48 PM »
Paul Dither,

I'd say go ahead and do it if you know how.  I really don't see any harm in doing so.  If there is someone administering this forum from the DSI company and they wish to eliminate it or set it up differently, then I respect that.  But for now it looks like "they" are not checking in very much.   However....first...

Perhaps we should wait another day or two.  Does anyone oppose this or perhaps have any input for how we should do it?  I mean, I had always thought that it would be nice to "suggest" that any posted music on this "official page" should have at least one DSI/Sequential instrument involved.  Just to keep it from being a free for all.   ?  comments?
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 02:45:09 PM »
Paul Dither,

I'd say go ahead and do it if you know how.  I really don't see any harm in doing so.  If there is someone administering this forum from the DSI company and they wish to eliminate it or set it up differently, then I respect that.  But for now it looks like "they" are not checking in very much.   However....first...

Perhaps we should wait another day or two.  Does anyone oppose this or perhaps have any input for how we should do it?  I mean, I had always thought that it would be nice to "suggest" that any posted music on this "official page" should have at least one DSI/Sequential instrument involved.  Just to keep it from being a free for all.   ?  comments?

I got in touch with "Robot Heart" last night about volunteering to moderate the section "General Synthesis." I'll let you know what happens.

As for the music: If it's featuring a DSI/Sequential instrument that's fine and probably highly likely anyway given that probably only DSI users register for this forum. But I wouldn't make that a requirement. If someone likes to share some music, it shouldn't really matter what equipment had been used. That's at least what I would say.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 09:12:10 PM »
Paul Dither,

Done! I've kept it very open for now.

I think if someone would like to showcase a certain feature or sound of a specific DSI/Sequential instrument that evolved into a track, this can either be posted in the "Share your music" thread or in any of the sub forums that are dedicated to the individual instruments. I would say it depends on what you would like the listeners to focus on: the music or the character of the instrument. Of course that is sometimes not really separable, but you get the idea.

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 10:45:27 AM »
Thanks for doing this Paul.

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 03:55:12 PM »
No problem, Soundquest.

Music Thread can be found here: http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,127.0.html

I've merged it with an earlier attempt.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 11:11:05 AM »

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 09:58:24 AM »
Mostly Prophet '08:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWT9yshJuQ

Whole thing is pretty- but the flute like part at 4:00 is just great. 

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 10:00:15 AM »
Thanks, Soundquest.  The flute-like sound used for the melody is the Prophet '08, while the soft chords are the Poly Evolver Keyboard.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:05:37 AM by Sacred Synthesis »