Your setup (tiered keyboard advice)

Your setup (tiered keyboard advice)
« on: September 15, 2017, 05:33:31 AM »
So I'm fortunate to own several synths these days. I've currently got my moog stack on a two tier stand, my Rev2 on a singular stand, and a minilogue sitting on a desk.

Is there any direct benefit you guys can point out to upgrading to a 3-4 tier stand. currently all my stands are right around me where I record, but if I get a higher tier my keyboards may have to move out of arms reach.

any thoughts?

chysn

Re: Your setup (tiered keyboard advice)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 08:11:09 AM »
I've never tried this in my own music room (never had more than a couple keyboards at once), but when I worked at a music store, we used Ultimate A-Frame tiered keyboard stands. I never liked the three-tier setup, because it made the middle keyboard too inaccessible, and the top keyboard too high up, and the bottom keyboard felt claustrophobic.

Of course, that was 11 years ago, and I'm sure there have been great leaps forward in keyboard stand technology. But side-by-side seems like a much better working system, if you have the floor space.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 11:03:50 AM »
Another option is to stack pairs of instruments using table-type stands, such as this model:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BMUCRRQ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IE8ONQ67R1SSW&colid=15NSTLMOL905S 

This approach keeps the keyboards and control panels well exposed for the player, although the top instrument is set back a bit.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:06:01 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 04:25:59 AM »
Good timing on this thread!

I have just spent the morning setting things up differently here using a Jaspers stand I had in the loft.

After a fair amount of swearing I have the gear set up like the attached pic.

The mini brute is a tad heavy for the jaspers stand so I have that on a strong z frame stand and then the other gear on the jaspers.

The P12 and P2 can be used ok from sitting but the PEK, odyssey and mini brute require you to stand.

I needed to clear my desk space, If I had more room they would all be set on Z stands or on the desk, but alas this is not the case :(

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 05:18:44 PM »
I really love the standtastic stands....you can set the tiers to any angle height you want.  Sitting or standing, all of my stuff is within reach.  Also cool is that it's rock solid, comes with it's own gig bag.