NAMM leak from Waldorf look REALLY good!

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: NAMM leak from Waldorf look REALLY good!
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 03:43:32 PM »
Whatever it will be when it's released, it's always worth a closer look when it's from Waldorf... they actualy make some of the best products for their price at the moment, compared to other brands (including DSI).

It seems that this line of "square boxes" (which design I really dont like!), are niche-machines covering a single territory per box. I'm pretty sure, that not matter what it ends out being (or not) will have some relevanse. The Streichfett would have been a kille rproduct, if they had just done the ensemble FX in analog components... and this "Kasettenspieler" thing certainly has something going.... I just have not yet figured out what it is that it will provide me, that my V-Synth GT will not cover, exept for that analog multimode filter.

...but I guess that I can pack down my dreams of a sampler with analog filters, that has a 128GB flash library of samples to browse thru on the fly...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

dslsynth

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 03:51:55 PM »
Am I the only one who think it would be ridiculously funny if it was named Katzenspielen?
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 04:16:53 PM »
On a German synth forum, they recently made up some really gross names for future Waldorf products…

Sound interesting! Please list the best of them including translations into (im)proper english.

:-X . o O ( better try controlling my fawlty towers style humor )

Let's see. Amongst them were "Sprechkäse" (≈ speech cheese; made up word) and "Mauldunst" (≈ mouth vapor) for a Waldorf Vocoder. Then there were "Schlagsahne" (whipped cream; literally 'beaten cream') and "Schlaganfall" (stroke) for a prospective drum computer. Beyond that, there were various suggestions for Waldorf to create the first vegan synth (design suggestions included a ground pork look). Oh, and "Vorhaut" (foreskin) was another name suggestion.

dslsynth

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 04:23:16 PM »
Haha! Thanks for sharing, Paul Dither! There were several good ones! Think I like the vocoder name best. Besides my suggestion above I was surprised there were no product names somehow including a whip.
#!/bin/sh

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2016, 04:29:13 PM »
Whip it good…

dslsynth

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2016, 04:36:32 PM »
Worse yet: Peitschegott.
#!/bin/sh

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2016, 04:40:28 PM »
Worse yet: Peitschegott.

That makes me wanna bid on a couple of Simmons SDS-V modules.

dslsynth

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2016, 04:44:17 PM »
The SDS-V is absolutely awesome. Would love to see manufacturers make modern versions of this analog drum voice one day. Of cause with MIDI control and all. A good candidate would actually be Jomox but maybe Waldorf could be convinced too?
#!/bin/sh

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2016, 04:51:50 PM »
The SDS-V is absolutely awesome. Would love to see manufacturers make modern versions of this analog drum voice one day. Of cause with MIDI control and all. A good candidate would actually be Jomox but maybe Waldorf could be convinced too?

Good point! If I'd be in Europe right now, I would however consider getting a Vermona DRM1 MKIII.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 05:04:00 PM by Paul Dither »

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 07:03:17 AM »
Not sure whether the whole Kassettenspieler thing was a hoax. Here are some more official Waldorf news: http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,229.0.html

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 07:14:32 AM »
There is a video up from Waldorf on the new modules, including a new 37key modular keyboard controller with Fatar TP9 action keybed... no sign of the Kassettenspieler, so could just be a hoax... we'll see...

Had that keyboard controller been at least 49 keys, I might have chosen it as my main controller... hope to see a bigger version later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5GlZuqZ5Xc&app=desktop
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2016, 07:18:18 AM »
Yeah, I posted that in the above mentioned thread. The keyboard shows the number 37, so maybe that indicates that there might also be versions 49 and/or 61 in the future.