Take the "Prophet 6" label off the face(top) above the keybed...

it looks a little silly. "Sticker-ish"

IF it needs to be there why not white letters on black background as per the prophet 12 ( that's class ).

Feels a bit like the potential here was crippled a bit.

Re: Take the "Prophet 6" label off the face(top) above the keybed...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 07:46:20 PM »
Well, since the Prophet-6 is a homage to the Prophet-5, this design choice makes perfect sense. It's a reference to the latter's nameplate. I suppose if you don't like it you can try to remove it carefully, although that might lower its resale value significantly. I can't see any synth's potential being crippled though, because of a nameplate that is not to everybody's taste.

lt773

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 02:06:27 PM »
I actually took it off on mine. It was coming off to begin with so I contacted DSI and they sent a new one to put on. Once it off though, I just ended up keeping it off. Looks way better IMO.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 07:54:46 PM »
I think the Prophet 6 sticker looks good. Only, it's too big. I'm surprised the UI designer didn't notice.
It's probably the same size as the one on the Prophet 5, only the Prophet 6 got shrunk down (4 octaves) so the sticker seems proportionally larger.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 10:02:37 PM »
I just realized the Prophet-6 logo had a clear protective film covering it and all this time I thought it looked kinda sticker-ish too, until I removed it and I finally like how it looks and feels...that matted metal look. 
Moog Voyager, Prophet 6, OB-6 Desktop, Korg MicroKorg-S, Toraiz SP-16 and AS-1.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 08:30:46 AM »
I think the Prophet 6 sticker looks good. Only, it's too big. I'm surprised the UI designer didn't notice.
It's probably the same size as the one on the Prophet 5, only the Prophet 6 got shrunk down (4 octaves) so the sticker seems proportionally larger.
Correction: the Prophet 5 badge was way smaller. So I guess the reasoning was: let's make the Prophet 6 smaller, and the badge bigger.  :-\