Transmit Sequencer data via MIDI out

Transmit Sequencer data via MIDI out
« on: September 09, 2017, 04:34:12 PM »
This question may have been already asked so bear with me... I'm a newbie to the Prophet 6 Forum.

OK, I've tried everything but I can't seem to get my P6 sequencer to drive another hardware module via MIDI (Roland JV-1080).  I've messed with all of the obvious MIDI settings (channel, clock, USB/MIDI, etc.) per the manual and no luck.  The manual seems to hint at sequencer data being included in the MIDI data stream but I'm not seeing it on Midi-OX.

Does the MIDI spec. in v1.4 support this or is this just wishful thinking on my part and I am basically SOL?

Thank

Re: Transmit Sequencer data via MIDI out
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 08:40:08 AM »
Last word that i heard on this issue is its still not been implemented.  Sequencer note data via midi out.  Hard to believe on a $2.8k machine huh? Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 07:04:10 PM »
yes... waiting for years to have this finally done...

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 12:01:52 PM »
yes... waiting for years to have this finally done...

Yes I find this unbelievable. I just bought a prophet 6 in large part for it's simple arp and sequencer.  Finding out they don't send MIDI out is kind of a deal breaker.  I might return it.

I am curious about this as well...while I didn't buy my DSI synth for the sequencer, I had imagined that moving MIDI files in and out of the box would be straightforward (like even, e.g., composing on Sibelius, saving as a *.mid, and then loading it into a voice).

Is there some fundamental reason why this isn't possible, or just because nobody has done it? I can imagine the possibilities...for example, using Melodyne to capture cool riffs and then re-voice them on a synth...

I bought the SoundTower SoundEditor thinking that their "Sequencer" function would help, but it turns out to be no more than a buggy sequencer attached to a simple patch librarian (although reasonably good at that).

DSI OB-6, Nord Electro 3HP & 6HP, Roland SoundCanvas SC55mkii, Beatstep Pro, KeyStep, Roland SE-02, MPD18 (+mpcstuff), Roland TD-4 V-drums, Fender-Rhodes Stage MK1, Reaper, plus dozens of acoustic instruments

I am curious about this as well...while I didn't buy my DSI synth for the sequencer, I had imagined that moving MIDI files in and out of the box would be straightforward (like even, e.g., composing on Sibelius, saving as a *.mid, and then loading it into a voice).

Is there some fundamental reason why this isn't possible, or just because nobody has done it? I can imagine the possibilities...for example, using Melodyne to capture cool riffs and then re-voice them on a synth...

I bought the SoundTower SoundEditor thinking that their "Sequencer" function would help, but it turns out to be no more than a buggy sequencer attached to a simple patch librarian (although reasonably good at that).

It would be such a cool feature.

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 11:49:22 AM »
This was a big disappointment to me as well.  Hopefully that gets added to the functionality with an OS rendition soon!
Creator of The Resonant Lung
A pipe organ sound chamber in a 40’ shipping container.

LoboLives

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 12:27:33 PM »
The REV2 just got it and DSI said they’ll be revisiting the P6 and OB6. Likely this will happen.

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 11:17:01 PM »
...... Aaaaaand it happened.  8)

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 09:09:24 AM »
I've just updated the OS to 1.5.9 but haven't figured how to transmit MIDI data out from the sequencer. The P6 is hooked up to a Kenton Thru-5, into the MIDI IN, and out into my interface from there. MIDI is being transmitted when I play notes on the keyboard, but I suppose I expected the sequencer to automatically/magically transmit as well. Suggestions?
Thanks

jmnes

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 04:11:18 PM »
I've just updated the OS to 1.5.9 but haven't figured how to transmit MIDI data out from the sequencer. The P6 is hooked up to a Kenton Thru-5, into the MIDI IN, and out into my interface from there. MIDI is being transmitted when I play notes on the keyboard, but I suppose I expected the sequencer to automatically/magically transmit as well. Suggestions?
Thanks

You have to change the global setting “Param Xmit” to output the Arp/Sequencer, it is not enabled by default:

Feature: MIDI Out for the Arp/Sequencer - Param Xmit Global options CAS (CC + MIDI Out for arp/seq) and nAS (NRPN + MIDI Out for arp/seq)

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 04:39:53 AM »
Thanks

You have to change the global setting “Param Xmit” to output the Arp/Sequencer, it is not enabled by default:

Feature: MIDI Out for the Arp/Sequencer - Param Xmit Global options CAS (CC + MIDI Out for arp/seq) and nAS (NRPN + MIDI Out for arp/seq)

Cheers!