Collaborative Tempest Album

LoboLives

Re: Collaborative Tempest Album
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2017, 12:34:23 PM »
Lobo makes it 15 members. Lobo, please join the group today (if you haven't already - I just got a join request). Planning starts now.

I've joined already.

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2017, 01:11:45 PM »
I know;) Old msg
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2017, 12:23:12 AM »
funny ... I am trying to keep myself to not think about the damn title...can't help it though...LOL...not much use without a selection of tracks but at least the name is cool... Sīzmik Rifts ...we can vote later....

Hahaha - I think we should merge the two threads and use your previous post as the album title.

'WHY GOD, WHY?' seems quite an appropriate title for a Tempest LP (especially for those of us who've been Tempest users since way back).
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2017, 08:09:24 AM »
Damn. That’s funny!
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2018, 03:47:24 AM »
I think my track is pretty much done. Listen to it here.

Quite a challenge for me as really I'm used to using the Tempest in a more standard verse/chorus 'song' type manner. Don't really work on much purely electronic or instrumental material. Don't ask me what genre this is!

It's something I want to do more of though - need to start working in a less structured, more improvisational way.

Any feedback appreciated.

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2018, 04:18:30 AM »
Wonderful track man!Nice!

Quite a challenge for me as really I'm used to using the Tempest in a more standard verse/chorus 'song' type manner. Don't really work on much purely electronic or instrumental material. Don't ask me what genre this is!

It's something I want to do more of though - need to start working in a less structured, more improvisational way.

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2018, 07:05:04 AM »

Good work! I love it  :)

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2018, 07:10:19 AM »
This is my track:
https://m.soundcloud.com/max-frauenlob/studio-jam-v01-dsi-tempest     

Maybe i'll rerecord and even out a few mistakes..

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2018, 07:15:59 AM »
Sweet to both!
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2018, 11:37:42 AM »
these tracks are sounding cool. great idea for a record as well! missed out on the inception of this but def looking forward to the finished comp!

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2018, 01:30:33 AM »
Hey - thanks for the kind comments guys. Glad you liked the track!

@Monocon  - had a listen to your track too, it's great - and @LucidFX, your track Carnival came on after on SoundCloud. Also really enjoyed that one. Looking forward to hearing the comp!

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2018, 06:22:02 AM »
Thanks;)
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2018, 11:49:26 AM »
Nice tracks guys! Muleskinner, I really enjoyed hearing the static-y percussion in your track, it reminded me of the sounds I gravitate towards in my Tempest. I thought the whole piece was very suited to a race car video game or something :)

Monocon, your drums and synth sounds were both way different styles than I get out of my machine, which is really cool (there's so much sound buried in that machine)! I especially liked the formant style leads you had going on.

My track is mostly done - I'll be performing it in my set for my February shows, so that will help finalize the sequence etc (it always does!), and then I just have my vocals to record and edit (I always do that last).

https://textureandlight.ca (electronic music from inner space)

sofine

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2018, 02:42:29 AM »
I sold my Tempest last week. I know. Tought call, but I needed to get a Macbook Pro. I found it a joy to play, though a struggle sometimes to sound like I wanted and control! It rarely ended up in my tracks too. I reckon I will buy it again on day though.

Anyway, I had got around half way through my collab track, and I had recorded out a few live jams with my ideas so I do plan to finish it this month.

Looking forward to hearing the rest, great tracks already! Nice stuff.

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2018, 05:44:15 AM »
Sorry to hear that Simon :(
So what you’re using for drums?
I sold my Tempest last week. I know. Tought call, but I needed to get a Macbook Pro. I found it a joy to play, though a struggle sometimes to sound like I wanted and control! It rarely ended up in my tracks too. I reckon I will buy it again on day though.

Anyway, I had got around half way through my collab track, and I had recorded out a few live jams with my ideas so I do plan to finish it this month.

Stoss

« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2018, 07:29:06 AM »
So... somehow I missed this whole thing. I think it surfaced while I was under a heavy client workload. Looking forward to the end product and I’ll keep a lookout for Vol.2!

sofine

« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2018, 01:17:46 PM »
Hi Yorgos.

Hardware:
Nord Drum 3P
Toraiz SP16
Orthogonal Devices ER301
Teenage Engineering PO32/33/35 on the way next week !!!

Software:
(New used!) Macbook running...
Reason / Ableton & Push
Wave alchemy Revolution
UVI Beatbox anthology

The guy I sold it to just messaged me to tell me how incredible the tempest is :) :( :)

Sorry to hear that Simon :(
So what you’re using for drums?

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2018, 12:43:14 AM »
Just curious what came of this?  Did you guys ever pull it together in the end?

Cheers!

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2018, 03:13:06 PM »
Hmm... Went that well, did it (smirk)?

At any rate, if any of you happen upon this thread again, if there's a link to the finished album, post it up...

Cheers!

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2018, 04:18:37 PM »
Jeeezzz.....I saw your post before but couldn't respond. i got locked out and the email reminder for my password wasn't being sent. Obviously it finally did. The whole project fell flat. I got majorly tied-up with work. Others weren't quite vocal within the group except for a couple. The idea is still solid but man I have zero time to commit.  So much so, my Tempest and gear are collecting dust and it sucks to see them idle.  I may revisit this again when I finally get a studio desk. Which has been another pain in the ass. Mixing off my couch is BALLS. I also need to treat my "studio"...ahem living room. Condo living is BALLS too. *grin* Anyway, was a nice effort. My track actually got mostly finished. I realised that I missed recording a pass of one of the voices.  I also rather record each sound independently through voice out...which is BALLS (Notice a trend??) when you have a complicated pattern. Meaning, sometimes thanks to the Voice allocation AI the pattern sounds solid because it is dynamically switching sounds BUT if your sounds aren't programmed tight and you record out then the feel and sometimes sound of the pattern blows. I also can't sing worth a lick and this song requires vocals. Whatever, I am still dreaming of programming tracks and will do so once my work load has dropped off.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)