How to tell if a factory patch is mono or stereo by design?

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
How to tell if a factory patch is mono or stereo by design?
« on: September 06, 2017, 07:30:37 PM »
Of course you can set mono/stereo under the Global settings but this obviously doesn't change per patch. Is there anyway to know whether or not the patch was designed to be played in stereo or mono when it was programmed?
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

NLB

Re: How to tell if a factory patch is mono or stereo by design?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 05:18:56 AM »
Of course you can set mono/stereo under the Global settings but this obviously doesn't change per patch. Is there anyway to know whether or not the patch was designed to be played in stereo or mono when it was programmed?

Isn't the signal path mono until it hits the delays?
So, just check if the delays are panned.

ARNK

• Returning to Zero
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 10:44:43 AM »

Isn't the signal path mono until it hits the delays?
So, just check if the delays are panned.

That works, thanks^
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 12:52:53 PM »
Not necessarily , you may have Mod matrix set to modulate Pan as well (by Lfo , DC or Random etc...) check these too. I am now moving to set my PRo2 to Mono as missing channels and will be a drag to review ech patch, An Easier way is to hook your headphones and you will hear which are mono and which stereo.

ARNK

• Returning to Zero
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 10:20:37 PM »
I am now moving to set my PRo2 to Mono as missing channels and will be a drag to review ech patch

Thanks, how do you mean^