Pro 2 - Delay overload?

Pro 2 - Delay overload?
« on: January 03, 2016, 07:54:15 PM »
I've been playing around with sequencing delays and it seems like by the time I add a 3rd one, once I turn up the amount or feedback (just a little even), all of the delays cut out. Starting from a basic patch and just adding 1 delay at a time with a healthy amount of feedback... Anybody else see something like this? I've looked at various forums but not seen anybody mention it. Thanks.

Re: Pro 2 - Delay overload?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 08:08:48 PM »
Yes, I can confirm this behaviour. The more delays you use, the more careful you have to be with the amounts of feedback you use in conjunction with higher amount settings of course.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 02:36:02 PM »
It's weird though... it's not like a self-oscillating feedback when I say 'overload', it just stops playing any delay at all until you turn them down. And I have some patches (all written from basic program) where this has happened, and then I'll try it again later and it doesn't seem to happen. It might have to do with the amp envelope, but it really doesn't seem like it. I'll play around some more and try to narrow it down.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 02:44:53 PM »
It's weird though... it's not like a self-oscillating feedback when I say 'overload', it just stops playing any delay at all until you turn them down. And I have some patches (all written from basic program) where this has happened, and then I'll try it again later and it doesn't seem to happen. It might have to do with the amp envelope, but it really doesn't seem like it. I'll play around some more and try to narrow it down.

I've definitely experienced this behaviour to be sort of erratic too. Sometimes the effect kicks in like a protection mode, as if the Pro 2 likes to prevent your PA from getting damaged.