Keyboard needs repair

Keyboard needs repair
« on: August 31, 2017, 01:16:48 AM »
Hello

Two of keyboards have a problem.

I moved back to South Korea, so i think it will be hard to ship it to sanfransisco.

Is this going to be easy fix?

If I can do it by myself, i am willing to do it but Im little worried that if something goes wrong with after touch.

And, what brand key should I buy?

Need only two white keys. Are there any specific model for p12 key?

Thanks in advance!

Best, Q

Re: Keyboard needs repair
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 05:30:26 AM »
Hello

Two of keyboards have a problem.

I moved back to South Korea, so i think it will be hard to ship it to sanfransisco.

Is this going to be easy fix?

If I can do it by myself, i am willing to do it but Im little worried that if something goes wrong with after touch.

And, what brand key should I buy?

Need only two white keys. Are there any specific model for p12 key?

Nope, should be easy. The DSI units tend to be very easy to disassemble and service. Check in with DSI Support to get the parts you need.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 12:30:07 PM »
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Prophet 12! As DavidDever points out, it should be a relatively easy fix. If you're the DIY type you may even be able to glue the keybed frame back together for a permanent fix, which would mean you wouldn't have to go anywhere or wait for parts.

It's also relatively easy to replace the keybed, the only tool necessary being a screwdriver. Please contact our dedicated support channel and we'll help you out with info on assessing the damage/repair or replacement: support (at) davesmithinstruments.com
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 07:31:55 PM »
Thank you everybody!

I just sent an email with images.

If I can do this by myself, I'll upload the process with few pictures.

Thanks!