Recorded MIDI notes don't have playback (logic X)

Recorded MIDI notes don't have playback (logic X)
« on: August 27, 2017, 10:31:10 AM »
Hi All,
So I am having lots of fun with the REV2. I posted a question a few days ago https://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,1794.0.html

But now I have another problem.

I have my REV2 as midi keyboard now too. I hear sounds when hitting keys, and when I record on an external midi channel in Logic, I can record the notes I am playing, so I end up with a new midi file on that channel. (hope my explanation is clear haha)

However, playing back those recorded notes, there is no sound (hitting keys on the rev2 does work, it's just the recorded midi notes that don't trigger sound). But when I interchange that midi clip with one say from a sample pack, or one I made before I had the REV2 it suddenly does playback from the REV2. So there is some weird midi writng going on? Might be Logic, but might be something I need to change in the Global Settings?

Hope to hear from someone!

cheers Bart
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:32:55 AM by barneyfresh »

Re: Recorded MIDI notes don't have playback (logic X)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 03:26:44 AM »
OK, so i figured out the culprit. Recorded MIDI notes have 2 bars of info on every note (selecting a note and dragging it reveals another note underneath, which does playback...)

Is this something I can fix easily?

Hope to hear from you

CHeers Bart

kobuz

Re: Recorded MIDI notes don't have playback (logic X)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 03:49:37 AM »
Did you record them without local off? Per note you should have only one 'bar'. Also, the prophet will only sound while the channel (in which the notes are) is actually selected, otherwise logic won't send the notes to the prophet.