Feature Requests

jok3r

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #400 on: April 04, 2020, 02:29:38 AM »

I'd also like a global transpose function.  My band plays a half-step down. Would love not to have to dial the Oscillators down a half step on every patch I make.

Did you check the global menue options? I think parameter one is master coarse tune ... in semitones. My band plays -1, too. ;-)
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #401 on: April 04, 2020, 08:01:15 AM »
Selectable/separate MIDI OUT Channel (other than MIDI IN)
(good when using the Prophet as a Master keyboard)

« Reply #402 on: April 09, 2020, 02:57:55 PM »
You can get one type of poly unison (obviously) by stacking the same patch onto the  other layer. I don't think it will wavesync, idk,  but it's still a type of 2 voice unison.  For the most important request of all, that is really a fix and a missing basic common vital feature that was said to exist but never delivered, please see: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4229.0.html

« Reply #403 on: April 12, 2020, 01:12:33 AM »

I'd also like a global transpose function.  My band plays a half-step down. Would love not to have to dial the Oscillators down a half step on every patch I make.

Did you check the global menue options? I think parameter one is master coarse tune ... in semitones. My band plays -1, too. ;-)

Thank you dear sir!!!

I have read the manual and searched here and elsewhere though and still can't figure out how to arpeggiate a chord on repeat.  I hold a chord and have every note repeat (i.e. chord trigger - this 'Sigrid's 'Strangers' Chorus).  Any ideas?  I haven't been able to mimic it with the sequencer either.  I am new to the ways of more modern (i.e. non-juno) synths.

« Reply #404 on: May 01, 2020, 02:48:36 PM »
Just wanted to state strong agreement with request for Poly Unison, that would be fabulous.  And repeat my biggest issue personally, independent controllers per layer.  Also, local control on/off being 'as expected it to normally work' would be much better than how it is.

« Reply #405 on: May 02, 2020, 06:34:45 AM »
sending midi data of each layer/sequencer to external daw like cubase would be great! read somewhere in an old thread that it will be implemented in the future... by now, sequences of each layer are transferred into one track sadly.

« Reply #406 on: May 23, 2020, 04:31:50 AM »
Local Control - Any chance we could get the Key/Wheels Off option, from the Prophet X, alongside Local On and Off, please?

The Rev 2 is my master keyboard and I quite often have it sequenced by other things while I'm using the keys to play another synth.  It's frustrating being unable to tweak the sound on the Rev 2 without re-enabling Local Control every time.
As the Key/Wheels Off option is also now on the Pro 3, I'll make this my annual request for this feature to be ported to the Rev 2 please.  :)

jok3r

« Reply #407 on: May 28, 2020, 01:40:38 PM »
It would be nice to see the "hold rec and turn some knobs to programm a gated sequencer track" from the Pro3 on the Rev2. That would totally compensate the missing "knob per step" functionality from the P'08, at least for me.
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #408 on: July 09, 2020, 09:58:03 AM »
Just wanted to state strong agreement with request for Poly Unison, that would be fabulous.  And repeat my biggest issue personally, independent controllers per layer.  Also, local control on/off being 'as expected it to normally work' would be much better than how it is.

+1 

Yeah, Poly Unison would be an awesome addition!  I've been enjoying that on other synths.  Even if we just got a single "Poly-2" mode, that would cover the majority of cases.   But, if possible, having the existing selectable unison voice amount just apply in poly mode as well - that would be ideal.  Or if easier to implement the voice assignment, limited to integer divisions (or rounded to) total voice count (ie:  16v = P2, P4, P8)  (8v = P2, P4)

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #409 on: July 12, 2020, 01:48:30 PM »
+1

It would be nice to see the "hold rec and turn some knobs to programm a gated sequencer track" from the Pro3 on the Rev2. That would totally compensate the missing "knob per step" functionality from the P'08, at least for me.

« Reply #410 on: July 12, 2020, 01:49:06 PM »
+1

+1 

Yeah, Poly Unison would be an awesome addition!  I've been enjoying that on other synths.  Even if we just got a single "Poly-2" mode, that would cover the majority of cases.   But, if possible, having the existing selectable unison voice amount just apply in poly mode as well - that would be ideal.  Or if easier to implement the voice assignment, limited to integer divisions (or rounded to) total voice count (ie:  16v = P2, P4, P8)  (8v = P2, P4)

« Reply #411 on: July 23, 2020, 12:47:59 PM »
I've not seen any reason to think there will be ANY more work on Rev2 firmware. If anyone has any evidence or argument in favor of that possibility, please share,  it would be encouraging to know.

« Reply #412 on: July 24, 2020, 11:40:39 AM »
My request, simply: Synced LFOs across voices
Now, you have the choice between either key sync, which obviously allows you to have the start of the LFOscillator or not-synced, in which case each voice's LFO just runs in the phase that it happens to be left running in.

I wonder how many users find this a useful implementation. For me, this is pretty useless: say I want to be able to press a chord and then add some notes, where all notes modulate in sync (sounds like a pretty basic thing to be able to do). This is not possible, because it is not possible to have all voices' LFOs in sync.

I know there is a rather awkward workaround: select a patch with full unison and key sync (this syncs all individual voices' LFOs) and switch to the patch where you need the synced LFOs. This is, however a big hassle which is a no go in a live situation.

maxter

« Reply #413 on: July 24, 2020, 02:13:07 PM »
My request, simply: Synced LFOs across voices
Now, you have the choice between either key sync, which obviously allows you to have the start of the LFOscillator or not-synced, in which case each voice's LFO just runs in the phase that it happens to be left running in.

I wonder how many users find this a useful implementation. For me, this is pretty useless: say I want to be able to press a chord and then add some notes, where all notes modulate in sync (sounds like a pretty basic thing to be able to do). This is not possible, because it is not possible to have all voices' LFOs in sync.

I know there is a rather awkward workaround: select a patch with full unison and key sync (this syncs all individual voices' LFOs) and switch to the patch where you need the synced LFOs. This is, however a big hassle which is a no go in a live situation.

Personally, I actually find this quite useful... (or I hopefully will eventually that is, when the sequencer bugs are sorted out, so that I can actually do this again...) When synced to an external sequencer, I can trigger each note (for each of the four LFOs differently, sequentially) in any fashion I like (generally on various subdivisions of the beat). With the external sequencer constantly running everything syncs up neatly (on the Prophet '08 at least). I do the same for each of the voices with the sequencers, with Key-Step mode and then set them to free-running (whatever that mode is called, it was so long ago I forgot). If I want them all synced I use the trick you mentioned. It doesn't take too long, but it's far from optimal in a live setting, like you say. I wouldn't mind a secondary mode like what you describe. If I recall, the JD800 works that way, with one particular voice as the "master", so whenever I turn off key-trig they are all synced instantly to the LFO of the first voice.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to have both options. But I'm not hoping for too many requests to actually be implemented these days...
The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #414 on: July 31, 2020, 01:17:00 PM »
1. LFO Threshold x4- Whether in the global settings or misc parameters, I'd like for an attenuator on the lfos so I can modulate say between 50-127 instead of from 0-127.

2. Sine wave LFO as an effect. It seems we can put anything in the effect section as they're all digital right? So in the firmware it'd be nice to have at leas the option of having a sine wave to do with as we feel necessary. Obviously by itself it wouldn't do anything if selected, but at least if it was an effect we could assign it in the mod matrix.

3. As of right now Sustain doesn't appear to be a mod matrix destination, I'd like if it were.

4. I'd like for the compare or some other button to be used to see what patch you're overwriting when saving a patch.

5. More arp modes- even if it goes in the effect section

6. Erase all sequences/ arps setting option

7. I love you

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 01:45:35 PM by WaltzPrince »

« Reply #415 on: August 02, 2020, 11:41:41 AM »
Sequencer Midi Out

Transpose the sequencer on the fly WITHOUT having to hold down the record button.

Please and thanks.
+1

« Reply #416 on: August 02, 2020, 11:51:42 AM »
One minor thing I'd like to get at some point is an additional MIDI sync option: sync when MIDI clock is present, use internal clock when it's not.

I second this.
I often stop my clock source and want still play with the arpegiator. It is unfortunate, that I then have to dive in the menue for changing the clock mode.
an additional clock mode synced only if clock is present would be great.
another option would be if holding the £Tap Tempo button for 1s would change the clock mode

« Reply #417 on: August 02, 2020, 11:56:19 AM »
Ability to program the gated sequencer via the keyboard as per the poly sequencer. This was not a feature of the 08 but it was on the PolyEvolver.

I second that
I just upgraded from Prophet 08 to the REV2.
The only thing I miss is the hands on Programming of the Step Sequencer.  the option suggested would be great too.
It would be cool to be able to be able to switch to P08-Style programming. The knobs are all there. though no visual feedback, because the LED are missing. but wi make music with our ears, dont we? :)

« Reply #418 on: August 02, 2020, 11:57:57 AM »
This has probably been requested before, but I guess it won't hurt to wish for it again:

An extra global LFO...

I know that the "per voice" LFO's are individual and meant for each voice, which is also what it should be like, but the REV2 has a modulateable FX engine which is essentially monophonic and works on all voices at the same time, thus it's CRUCIAL that the mod matrix can route a global LFO to those parameters, otherwise the result is complete chaos.

An example: when I route an LFO to the hipass filter cutoff, the effect I get is a modulation that seem to jump here and there because the LFO routed to it is from the currently last played voice... it's completely unuseable to be honest.

So please... if it could be added as some extras in the MISC menu, please add a global LFO and add it to the modulation sources.

You'd imagine that a global EG would also be crucial, but since it always restart when a new key is pressed, it's not needed... also, if you use the four LFO's with keysync on, it will also work, but many of the FX has parameters that would benefit from a free running global LFO.

If the four LFO's could somehow get a switch for a "global mode" that would of course also do it, but I do not know if the hardware would allow this...
+1
This would be very useful

« Reply #419 on: August 02, 2020, 12:06:28 PM »
Yeah it works within the same program. Would love to see it enabled for copy/paste sequences across different programs :)
+1