Feature Requests

MPM

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #380 on: September 21, 2019, 09:31:02 PM »
Velocity sensitive Unison voice number.
Slow velocity equals 1 voice, faster equals more voices.
I’ve been trying to make my orchestral Strings behave in a way such as a soloist with the accompanying strings coming in and out. And with a bit of unison detune and slop, will sound more like the natural chorus of an orchestra.
OB-6  Prophet-6  Prophet.Rev2/16  no kids

Larioso

« Reply #381 on: October 12, 2019, 11:49:12 PM »
Reading a conversation in the "bug" thread, about showing control values in display I came to think of DeepMInd did a clever approach.

Touching a knob/fader - display always show it, and also the saved value for that patch in reverse text.
I find this very clever way supporting user being in control.

So if I read it right - that holding a Misc button is there in REV2 - it could show two values, current position of last touched control as well as the saved value. You can always dial in to saved value.

It could be system preference setting - like some synths have like not altering a value until knob pass the saved value - or absolute movement of knob always.

So always show touched knobs values(current+saved) on/off setting, kind of. Not needing two hands to get around.

« Reply #382 on: October 13, 2019, 06:21:43 AM »
It could be system preference setting - like some synths have like not altering a value until knob pass the saved value - or absolute movement of knob always.
This is a system preference. It's called "Pot Mode" in Global settings.

Larioso

« Reply #383 on: October 13, 2019, 07:31:47 AM »
This is a system preference. It's called "Pot Mode" in Global settings.

The pass-through thingy, good to know, thanks.

LoboLives

« Reply #384 on: December 06, 2019, 12:15:29 PM »
Transpose Unison sequences on the fly like on the P6 and OB6 without having to hold down the record button.

« Reply #385 on: December 09, 2019, 08:22:16 AM »
Hello world,
with a global parameter use the "Traspose Down" and "Up" buttons to decrement and increment the patch.

Silvano

« Reply #386 on: December 27, 2019, 03:39:38 PM »
When I write my preset I can't see the name of the preset I'm going to overwrite. There is a information "Press WRITE to save or HOLD do cancel" - that's kind of obvious - why can't we see the preset name instead...?

« Reply #387 on: December 29, 2019, 12:05:45 PM »
File the outer edge of the keys, the burrs of the keys are really annoying

Keyboard Transpose of the Sequencer
« Reply #388 on: January 09, 2020, 05:22:44 PM »
I'd like to request a sequencer that transposes key using only the keyboard...no shift, etc. involved

Re: Keyboard Transpose of the Sequencer
« Reply #389 on: January 17, 2020, 08:39:53 PM »
I'd like to request a sequencer that transposes key using only the keyboard...no shift, etc. involved
The gated sequencer can do this

« Reply #390 on: February 07, 2020, 04:15:55 AM »
Hi

Just bought Rev2 desktop and discovered that an important function is missing:

Hold the source button for a mod slot, if you press a key multiple times, it will cycle through Velocity, Pressure, and Note Number as sources.

Is that implemented only in the keyboard version?

I was relying on this function, I'm a drummer and for me, note number + velocity is the most commonly used modulation source.

« Reply #391 on: February 14, 2020, 05:53:59 AM »
I would be so happy if a way to set MIDI in and MIDI out channels separately (ie 10 in, 11 out for example) was implemented.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #392 on: February 14, 2020, 07:52:27 AM »
Has everyone submitted these requests via support tickets? It’s the most reliable way to let Sequential know as these pages aren’t constantly monitored.

I submitted a request for MPE, osc fine tuning as a mod dest, and either a lag processor or at least a smoothed random LFO.

They got back to me and said they would add MPE and OSC Fine Tune to the list of considerations, but they also told me that there is no processing left in the LFO section to add lag or other waveforms. Disappointing.

I bet this is why there has been no major feature additions to the REV2 since its release then... If there is not even enough DSP power left to implement a simple LFO slew rate feature, then I would not keep my hopes up for any features that require some DSP power. They must really have found a DSP that had, just what it took to "get there" when designing the REV2... I cannot help wonder, if this is related to the ever persistent "ringmod bug" which generally sound like an underpowered DSP reaching its limits somehow, and is why it keeps popping up, despite several "fixes"?

Anyway, I agree that this is a shame... LFO slew rate was my biggest wish when I had the REV2... Still, REV2 is an amazing synth though... Just need to accept what it is WHEN YOU BUY IT, and not expect anything else but bugfixes post buy.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #393 on: February 18, 2020, 12:39:32 AM »
Sorry if these have already been requested:

1) Please allow for the Fine Tune to be a modulation destination
2) only 8 Mod Matrix slots - this isn't enough for a synth of this caliber. Is there a way to double this to 16? Surely it is possible.

« Reply #394 on: February 19, 2020, 07:35:13 AM »
it would be great to have a setting thus limiting the maximum voice count to other values than 4/8 (rev2 8) respectively 8/16 (rev2 16)for legato slide effects à la Prophet 5/6

« Reply #395 on: February 21, 2020, 05:27:39 AM »
Guess its mentioned,,

Dubbel tap, or e.g. 3sec hold. The Show Parameter is activated Without holding it down. The same to deactivate.

Polyphonic glide!

« Reply #396 on: February 23, 2020, 12:58:51 AM »
Guess its mentioned,,

Dubbel tap, or e.g. 3sec hold. The Show Parameter is activated Without holding it down. The same to deactivate.

Agreed, it's a bit annoying that you can not monitor without using both hands.

maxter

« Reply #397 on: February 23, 2020, 05:50:05 AM »
Polyphonic glide!

What do you mean? There already is polyphonic glide, whatever voice you play glides from it's own last played note to the new one, so the voices glide behave independently from one another. Isn't that polyphonic glide?
The Way the Truth and the Life

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #398 on: February 23, 2020, 08:49:01 AM »
I think the best solution would be to offer both types of glide.  Sequential's glide as it stands is extremely awkward to work with.  I use it with polyphonic patches all the time, and its difficult to manipulate as you wish.  It may surprise you with a graceful slide, but then muck up the next chord with the most annoying screech.  It's affected by the number of voices employed or still releasing, and is sporadic and chaotic.  Here and there it offers a beautiful effect, by I much prefer the old Roland type in which all the notes glide together at the same rate, regardless of the number triggered. 

I do wish Sequential would offer both types of portamento by a switch.  I'm certain the other type would be generally preferred to the present.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 04:21:49 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #399 on: April 03, 2020, 09:03:54 PM »
I've searched for this, so hopefully this is actually a missing feature.  But I'd love to have the arpeggiator be capable of chord trigger, converge, and diverge. 

I'd also like a global transpose function.  My band plays a half-step down. Would love not to have to dial the Oscillators down a half step on every patch I make.

*winces for the inevitable 'you can do that, just press x' response*