Feature Requests

LoboLives

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #360 on: June 17, 2019, 02:25:38 PM »
I wouldn't expect any new firmware revisions, nor any new features for the REV2 anytime soon.

Why?

Sequential are working on a new synth and just released the Prophet X/XL after the REV2. They usually take a bit to get to all the requests of their older instruments. The Prophet 6/OB6 got their latest firmware updates well after the REV2 was released (with long waited requests for beat sync, sequencer and arp midi out data and sequencer transposition on the fly being implemented-although not on the REV2 or PX for some reason) . I think once this newest synth is released and a few of it's bugs are ironed out, they will focus on some of the requests for their older gear. I think from now on we will see things like beat sync, sequencer and arp midi out data and hopefully transposition on the fly become common place for future Sequential synths.

Who knows maybe oscillator fine tune as a mod source will be in Sequential's next offering.

CPN37

« Reply #361 on: June 17, 2019, 03:34:47 PM »
This is my first post - very happy with my new Rev2 in it's capacity as "live replacement for the Pro One" - I was hoping it could do everything my ancient Pro One can (or at least everything *I* do with the Pro One :D) and more, and it is living up to that promise very well so far.

One request that occurred to me was already asked by one person several pages back - I would love to see an option for the Osc 1 and Osc 2 Frequency knobs to step up in simple Octaves rather than semitones. The reason is when playing live with my Pro One I frequently reach for the Octave controls to switch one of the oscillators either higher or lower to expand the sound. This doesn't really work with the Rev2 in that I am finding it wayyy too fiddly to quickly switch and end up bang on the octave, also of course you hear the semitone stepping if you happen to be holding the note down. Also I have noticed that after landing on the correct octave setting, the knob can kind of drift up or down a semitone of it's own accord. The option to change the Octave Frequency Step setting from semitones to octaves would solve all of this and really make the Rev2 far more playable live for me.

Other than that it is absolutely great of course!
Sequential Prophet 5 Rev4, Sequential Circuits Pro One, Sequential Prophet Rev2-8, Minimoog, ARP Pro Soloist, Roland Jupiter 4, Roland Juno 60

nickcarlisle.bandcamp.com

CPN37

« Reply #362 on: June 18, 2019, 07:40:59 AM »
As well as octave stepping for Osc 1 & 2 frequency I’d love to see Live Panel Mode, I immediately searched for this when I started up the Rev2 first and was slightly confused that it wasn’t an option. It would make the instrument a lot more “live” for me- I’d like to have the option to rely less on saved patches from time to time and just play what’s there kinda thing.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned!
Sequential Prophet 5 Rev4, Sequential Circuits Pro One, Sequential Prophet Rev2-8, Minimoog, ARP Pro Soloist, Roland Jupiter 4, Roland Juno 60

« Reply #363 on: June 19, 2019, 02:41:22 AM »
As well as octave stepping for Osc 1 & 2 frequency I’d love to see Live Panel Mode, I immediately searched for this when I started up the Rev2 first and was slightly confused that it wasn’t an option. It would make the instrument a lot more “live” for me- I’d like to have the option to rely less on saved patches from time to time and just play what’s there kinda thing.

Live panel is difficult as there are two synths in there. Unless by default it was live only for layer A (or had the option to choose which layer’s knobs were live). There’s still the difficulty from the mod matrix not being visible from the panel anyway.

CPN37

« Reply #364 on: June 19, 2019, 03:16:36 AM »

Live panel is difficult as there are two synths in there. Unless by default it was live only for layer A (or had the option to choose which layer’s knobs were live). There’s still the difficulty from the mod matrix not being visible from the panel anyway.

Ah of course, I hadn’t thought about the mod matrix not being visible. Live panel for only Layer A would’ve worked for me though!

« Reply #365 on: June 19, 2019, 03:27:48 PM »
So far I have not found a way to shorten a recorded sequence in the poly squencer.
I miss some sort of reset parameter, as selectable in the gated sequencer. That would make editing „faulty“ sequences much more easier and you could modify running sequences in an interesting way.

Does anyone know if this function already exists?

« Reply #366 on: June 21, 2019, 08:02:10 AM »

YES!!!

Just got my rev2 and I agree!

Tl;dr- screenz r dum use knobz

I’m feeling really inconvenienced by the lack of a “save state” or “load panel” type feature.

I am a very visual person and I dislike screen diving, which is why I prefer synths with a knob-per-function build. I can look at the knobs and know what the parameter is set to. But without this function, I have to pull up each’s parameter to see if it is indeed active on the screen (even from the basic program). 

Maybe the ability to delete a preset instead of just overwrite could allow this to happen? Though I heard “because the synth has DCOs...” so maybe it’s a feature that just isn’t possible with this architecture?

I know I can just do my little obsessive thing and turn every knob back to zero on the basic program and get basically the experience I want, but that doesn’t help when I accidentally navigate to a preset and didn’t save what I had done- at that point the positions of the knobs are useless.

This is a wonderful machine, but this is a huuuuuuge buzzkill for me and my process.

« Reply #367 on: June 26, 2019, 05:17:41 AM »
I'd like to use the REV2 sequencer as à standard midi sequencer to send midi notes to other instruments !!!
i'd be so raaaad

CPN37

« Reply #368 on: June 26, 2019, 07:43:57 AM »
Apologies for the (almost) duplicate post, I already started a thread about this, but:

I want to take the output from Layer B into my Kaoss Pad and so split the Rev2 keyboard to have, say, bass on the lower keys, and a lead via the Kaoss Pad on the upper keys.

All well and good, however I have a song where I need the bass to go through the Kaoss Pad. I swapped the A and B sounds via the Global menu, however this does not quite do what I need to do- the bass is now going through the Kaoss Pad as intended, but is on the “B” split of the keyboard, ie it’s on the upper notes. And as you might have guessed I can’t play that way round with lead/chords on my left hand and the bass on my right.

So what I would like to do is swap the A and B split sounds, and then also swap the location of A and B splits- ie. set Layer B to the lower end and A to the top. Would swapping A/B split location be possible to add as a feature?

« Reply #369 on: July 12, 2019, 08:46:43 AM »
Local Control - Any chance we could get the Key/Wheels Off option, from the Prophet X, alongside Local On and Off, please?

The Rev 2 is my master keyboard and I quite often have it sequenced by other things while I'm using the keys to play another synth.  It's frustrating being unable to tweak the sound on the Rev 2 without re-enabling Local Control every time.

« Reply #370 on: July 18, 2019, 11:46:30 AM »
Please make it so the Slew of the gated sequencer also affects the sequence when it is routed through the mod matrix.  So if sequence 2 is adding slew to sequence 1 and then you route sequence 1 to the cutoff in the mod matrix, the slew would be working.  Seems strange that this isn't the standard behavior to me.  Maybe it's a bug?

At the moment it only seems to work if you route sequence 1 to cutoff in the sequencer section directly.  Makes it much more time consuming to dial in an amount for the modulation step by step. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:52:45 AM by confinedsc »

« Reply #371 on: July 26, 2019, 07:29:23 AM »
bump!

« Reply #372 on: July 26, 2019, 11:40:31 AM »
bump . . .
providing different pitch bend intervals up/down should be a painless software change . . . any hope of getting this done?

and additionally: being able to set different values for 'UP' range and 'DOWN' range, so you can play with the same 'musical interval' one octave up or below the actual note / chord.

For example: bend up = 5 / bend down = 7 
in this scenario, if you play a Cmaj chord, the fully PB up result will be a Fmaj chord above the original Cmaj chord, while the fully PB down result will ALSO be a Fmaj chord, in this case below the Cmaj chord. And yes, that's really nice. :)

Thanks again!

« Reply #373 on: August 08, 2019, 12:41:45 PM »
Please allow us to browse by sound category from the rev2

« Reply #374 on: August 31, 2019, 11:29:44 AM »
Arp latch still not working consistently, anyone have found this problem in Rev2?? It is driving me crazy....
Please help!

« Reply #375 on: August 31, 2019, 12:03:18 PM »
Mentioned this in another thread, but here's a wish that would make a lot of people happy:

New Option in Globals Menu:

Reset LFOs on Patch Initialization:   OFF (Default)  |  ON  (New Option)

This would just re-sync all LFO voices when a new patch is loaded (like they are sync'd when the Rev is powered up).   It would allow LFOs to be used like Global LFOs, if Key Sync is off, as all sixteen (or eight) LFOs for the voices would be re-initialized when a new patch is loaded.   

It would also improve "sound parity" between sessions for a given patch...  ie:  less likely for a given patch to sound different each time it's loaded, from session to session.

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #376 on: September 01, 2019, 03:12:28 PM »
1. Single mono LFO like in Juno 60, 106 or Polysix
2. Local control off SUCKS!

« Reply #377 on: September 05, 2019, 12:14:05 PM »

YES!!!

Just got my rev2 and I agree!

Tl;dr- screenz r dum use knobz

I’m feeling really inconvenienced by the lack of a “save state” or “load panel” type feature.

I am a very visual person and I dislike screen diving, which is why I prefer synths with a knob-per-function build. I can look at the knobs and know what the parameter is set to. But without this function, I have to pull up each’s parameter to see if it is indeed active on the screen (even from the basic program). 

Maybe the ability to delete a preset instead of just overwrite could allow this to happen? Though I heard “because the synth has DCOs...” so maybe it’s a feature that just isn’t possible with this architecture?

I know I can just do my little obsessive thing and turn every knob back to zero on the basic program and get basically the experience I want, but that doesn’t help when I accidentally navigate to a preset and didn’t save what I had done- at that point the positions of the knobs are useless.

This is a wonderful machine, but this is a huuuuuuge buzzkill for me and my process.
Panel/manual mode would always be incomplete and leave someone unhappy. First it would only panel mode for one layer, as mentioned. Second there are a lot of routings that are just under the hood like Env 3 destination, gates seq destinations, mod matrix, LFO routing, etc. So “load panel” would need to either ignore those or load them and either options would annoy those who prefer one or the other. There are ways of doing it well. For example the MatrixBrute handles this well in that the matrix routing is visible on the panel. But with the Rev2 it’s a bit of a trade off for all of the modulation options. One option as a workaround is using an editor which shows the panel settings. Another is to save and pull up an init patch with no LFO,
fx, sequences, mod matrix routing, aux env settings so you know there are just a limited number of oscillator, filter, amp and envelope settings that you can spend a minute setting on the panel to match or just know where they are based on how the init patch is saved.

« Reply #378 on: September 16, 2019, 05:13:56 PM »
Copy/Paste sequencer data between patches :) :) :)

(prays to synth gods)

MPM

« Reply #379 on: September 21, 2019, 09:29:23 PM »
Copy/Paste sequencer data between patches :) :) :)

(prays to synth gods)

Easy to do with SoundTower. If that’s any consolation.
OB-6  Prophet-6  Prophet.Rev2/16  no kids