Feature Requests

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #340 on: February 13, 2019, 06:44:44 AM »
Glide Mode: Exponential, like on the sub37

maxter

« Reply #341 on: March 04, 2019, 04:44:43 AM »
Request: Osc Fine Tune as modulation destinations.

Please see creativespirals thread on how this would make possible to mimic VCOs without using up extra mod slots.
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,3412.0.html

The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #342 on: March 05, 2019, 04:01:41 PM »
Guys, what is this? Synths and Hardware 101?
More resonance on the 2-pole for example is totally hardware based (not software)
you've gotta use Keyboard Tracking to make your 'resonance' stronger on a 12dB filter, it's ALL about the Frequency of the Cutoff, the Envelope amount and the KBD Tracking (which in this mode, all of a sudden becomes the "resonance")

Oscillator Mix as destination would be handy, but is it a programmable pot/digital or analog with sequential reading only used for storing the value in the patch, that's the question.

Selectable MIDI OUT channel, on the other hand, is software related. hehe

Bit better implementation on the Intonation/Alternative Tunings;
Check out the Kurzweil way of doing it, it's brilliant because you can freely set the 'IntonaKey' (the reference key for the tuning)
Keeping the 'slots' separate would also be smoother; to "hot-swap" the tables out one-by-one and fully manage them.
What about bringing back the manual tuning of the Prophet 5 REV2/3?, where on a certain startup key-combination 12 knobs in a row became the tuning pots for individual notes. Brilliant!

Adios.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #343 on: March 06, 2019, 06:47:16 AM »
More resonance on the 2-pole for example is totally hardware based (not software)
you've gotta use Keyboard Tracking to make your 'resonance' stronger on a 12dB filter, it's ALL about the Frequency of the Cutoff, the Envelope amount and the KBD Tracking (which in this mode, all of a sudden becomes the "resonance")

Oscillator Mix as destination would be handy, but is it a programmable pot/digital or analog with sequential reading only used for storing the value in the patch, that's the question.

Check out the Kurzweil way of doing it, it's brilliant because you can freely set the 'IntonaKey' (the reference key for the tuning)
Keeping the 'slots' separate would also be smoother; to "hot-swap" the tables out one-by-one and fully manage them.
What about bringing back the manual tuning of the Prophet 5 REV2/3?, where on a certain startup key-combination 12 knobs in a row became the tuning pots for individual notes. Brilliant!

Adios.

Oscillator Mix is already a destination in the Matrix...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #344 on: March 08, 2019, 06:57:12 AM »

Adios.

Yeah, I'm sorry there was some request for that a bit back (maybe I read it too fast)
Maybe it was Oscillator Volume, actually...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #345 on: March 10, 2019, 11:10:51 AM »

Adios.

Yeah, I'm sorry there was some request for that a bit back (maybe I read it too fast)
Maybe it was Oscillator Volume, actually...

probably yes... many have requested this, but it's never going to happen because the Curtis chip is designed the way it is... it has a pin called "OSC MIX", and it's a CV pin... so it's an internal thing that software cannot change... for volume control over each OSC you need one of the digital synths like P12, Pro2 or PX.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #346 on: March 10, 2019, 11:27:33 PM »
Requesting Polyphonic Unison again.  Thicker Layer while keeping some polyphony.
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

« Reply #347 on: March 15, 2019, 02:25:57 AM »
Destination MIDI CC for Gated Sequencer

« Reply #348 on: March 23, 2019, 12:32:37 PM »
I second fine tune as mod source, or another solution I'd like that would achieve something similar.. and beyond.

Modulation Amount Fine Tune

You can already achieve a finer division of any modulation by attaching a mod wheel to it with an amount of 1 or with some gated seq trickery so its totally something that is possible.

I'm proposing a sort of fine tune setting available for all "Amounts" across the board even if its a layer deep in the parameters. Those who want it can use it and it will be out of the way for others.

Example:

Using LFO for Vibrato. Move the LFO Amount knob to 0. Right now the Parameter knob near the screen does nothing. The parameter knob sometimes shows a useful sub menu, like it does with the additional Arp settings.

Imagine if whenever you had any Value up on the screen, turning the Parameter knob shifted to new page with an Amount Fine tune setting to be adjusted with the value knob. 1/256 steps or whatever would be best.

In the case of our LFO with a 0 Amount, a fine tune setting of 256 would result in an LFO Amount of 1. Allowing you to use much finer Amounts if needed.

I can think of so many instances where this would be helpful for fine patching. Its already possible to divide these Amounts with a lot of trickery and wasted mod spots and that Parameter knob doesn't do anything when values are pulled up on screen.

« Reply #349 on: March 30, 2019, 03:10:12 PM »
+1 MPE

Also, something I want on every synth: Smoothed Random LFO.

« Reply #350 on: March 30, 2019, 03:59:25 PM »
Or the lag processor or slewing feature from the Prophet 12, to slew any of the LFO waveforms.

« Reply #351 on: March 30, 2019, 09:04:54 PM »
Or the lag processor or slewing feature from the Prophet 12, to slew any of the LFO waveforms.

YESS, and maybe an LFO fade in while you all in there.

« Reply #352 on: April 02, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »
I'm sure the lack of the ability to organize presets has been discussed here, but:
wouldn't it be possible to implement a setlist mode? A "program-chain" feature (in the global menu) would be great for live use and could really make the rev2 the center of a live setup.

Tacocat

• Bleep Bloop
« Reply #353 on: April 04, 2019, 10:32:09 AM »
Request: Osc Fine Tune as modulation destinations.

Please see creativespirals thread on how this would make possible to mimic VCOs without using up extra mod slots.
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,3412.0.html

The United Federation of Tacocat seconds this motion.
All the sounds!

« Reply #354 on: April 05, 2019, 03:03:03 AM »
Has everyone submitted these requests via support tickets? It’s the most reliable way to let Sequential know as these pages aren’t constantly monitored.

« Reply #355 on: April 14, 2019, 04:14:30 AM »
"Chord Memory" MIDI Output?
(When using the Prophet to control external synths, it would be excellent to have the Chord Memory/Unison Notes output via MIDI)

« Reply #356 on: April 16, 2019, 10:18:57 AM »
Has everyone submitted these requests via support tickets? It’s the most reliable way to let Sequential know as these pages aren’t constantly monitored.

I submitted a request for MPE, osc fine tuning as a mod dest, and either a lag processor or at least a smoothed random LFO.

They got back to me and said they would add MPE and OSC Fine Tune to the list of considerations, but they also told me that there is no processing left in the LFO section to add lag or other waveforms. Disappointing.

« Reply #357 on: May 07, 2019, 10:32:17 AM »
I wouldn't expect any new firmware revisions, nor any new features for the REV2 anytime soon.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #358 on: May 15, 2019, 10:44:20 AM »
Some sort of fast shortcut (2 or 3 button combo?) for toggling Local Control.

noir

« Reply #359 on: May 30, 2019, 03:03:26 PM »
I wouldn't expect any new firmware revisions, nor any new features for the REV2 anytime soon.

Why?