Feature Requests

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #320 on: January 07, 2019, 05:50:59 PM »
Hi all! This is my first time chiming in here. My feature request is to make Glide Amount a MOD destination. I'm imagining mapping it to velocity so that hitting a key harder (or softer when in the negative) increases the glide. I've had my Rev2 just over a month and find it is quite an expressive synth. So much so that I haven't touched much of anything else in my studio since!

2nd this motion - thanks y'all!

« Reply #321 on: January 11, 2019, 10:15:09 AM »
I still ask to add some featues to this great instrument:

- PolySeq / Arp should continue running when Split or Stack is pressed
- yes to "hold release"!
- Osc Level should be added as ModDestination
- variable release time of the gated sequencer
- BPM Sync for Phaser / Chorus and Env3

« Reply #322 on: January 12, 2019, 12:16:35 PM »
my english is bad,,  but i try to write my wishes for my rev2

1: Sound init..so i can start design my own presets from zero.

2: in the arpegiator mode would be a chord mode fine...and some arpegiator Banks with presets.

Arpegiator presets if in future implemented could be a source for modulations too.

thank you for this beautiful instrument.

« Reply #323 on: January 12, 2019, 12:35:31 PM »
my english is bad,,  but i try to write my wishes for my rev2

1: Sound init..so i can start design my own presets from zero.

Welcome.

If your read the manual on page 18, you will see that in the Global Settings there is item number 24: Basic Program (which loads a basic template program to start from scratch). You can also recall that same Basic Program using the shortcut of pressing and holding Down and Up (transpose) and pressing Hold.

Your english is fine.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #324 on: January 19, 2019, 07:32:02 AM »
A high res control mode you can enable in global settings. 1024 values instead of 128, for all the controls. Like on a Korg or other modern analog synth with a digital control interface. The staircase effect when slowly changing a parameter sounds very cheap. The synth already has 14-bit MIDI, so it would be super easy to implement. Otherwise, how about releasing the firmware open source like the Linnstrument bravely did?

Djinn

« Reply #325 on: January 21, 2019, 04:00:32 AM »
I'm repeating myself but high res control mode and slew rate for lfos would be great turning this good synth into a fantastic synth pleeeasse!!!!

shiihs

• phasing in and out of reality
« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2019, 02:12:51 PM »
Maybe it's been asked before, although I didn't quickly find it: how about having bpm (tempo) as a mod destination?

--
gear: prophet rev2 16 voice, kawai NV10, casio wk-7600, Roland Integra-7, supercollider, ardour

links:

https://www.youtube.com/stefaanhimpe
https://soundcloud.com/stefaanhimpe
https://technogems.blogspot.com
https://a-touch-of-music.blogspot.com/

« Reply #327 on: January 29, 2019, 09:49:24 AM »
Higher max resonance for the 2 pole filter.

Djinn

« Reply #328 on: January 29, 2019, 10:01:46 AM »
Higher resonance for 2pole if possible is a nice idea!!

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #329 on: January 30, 2019, 11:12:45 AM »
I can certainly be the spoilsport here and tell the last two posts, that this will never happen... the 2-pole has always been non-selfoscillating in the Curtis chips... Sequential cannot change how the analog chip works, so it simply cannot be done... Curtis chips do have some rather disappointing aspects, but you'll just have to live with them as they are :)
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #330 on: February 01, 2019, 03:04:32 PM »
Assignable (separate) MIDI OUT Channel
(currently it's sending on the same channel as MIDI IN?)

« Reply #331 on: February 02, 2019, 02:54:02 PM »
I think it would be great if you could switch layer a or layer b independently to mono on the corresponding outputs!
Great for combining stereo keys/pads and synth bass patches...
Since the rev2 was designed as "two synths in one", this should probably be easy to implement in a software update ..?

« Reply #332 on: February 04, 2019, 01:58:39 AM »
It would be great if the sequencer functions were expanded. To me, the sequencer at its current state is clearly the biggest downside to this otherwise great synth (especially when coming from my Moog). Some of the following feature requests have been made time and again.

• Please add the possibility to transpose a poly sequence without holding the record button, e.g. like on Moog SUB 37. Maybe it can be implemented/activated via a submenu (just like arp relatch). I do not know whether this is possible, but another idea that I have would be to enable the record button (and its being held down) as a modulation destination: I am envisioning using the mod wheel here (sequencer locked while mod wheel turned down, sequencer open to transpose when mod wheel is turned up).
  • Please enable the option to actually PLAY notes with the keyboard while recording steps in the gated sequencer (instead of dialing knobs)
  • Please add Arpeggiator settings as modulation destination (e.g. range, order of notes, invert function etc.)

Djinn

« Reply #333 on: February 04, 2019, 03:29:51 AM »
I have my doubts anyone at sequential is reading this thread or any other apart from the bug report but a way to lock program change when designing sounds would be good as I and many others and I have lost all are hard work editing with an accidental touch of the wrong knob around the screen area
cheers

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #334 on: February 04, 2019, 03:38:32 AM »
It's a waste of time writing requests in all these request threads... nothing is being implemented anyway, not even the requests that are being frequent, nor any of the requests that are actually rather simple to implement (like LFO slew for example... they already have most of the code for that in other products)...

On the other hand, I'd rather see them fix bugs first...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #335 on: February 04, 2019, 12:35:49 PM »
I have my doubts anyone at sequential is reading this thread or any other apart from the bug report but a way to lock program change when designing sounds would be good as I and many others and I have lost all are hard work editing with an accidental touch of the wrong knob around the screen area
cheers

I would remove the patch and bank knob :-)

Djinn

« Reply #336 on: February 04, 2019, 01:13:46 PM »
cheers

I hope ur taking the piss have u even got a rev2 pulling knobs is like extracting teeth

« Reply #337 on: February 05, 2019, 01:22:23 PM »
cheers

I hope ur taking the piss have u even got a rev2 pulling knobs is like extracting teeth

Yes, I do. It is very easy!
I've done it. No problems with accidental loss of a nice patch.

Djinn

« Reply #338 on: February 05, 2019, 01:28:51 PM »
Fair play apologies I just assumed they would be the same as all the other pots but  your right that does work

Cheers soz

« Reply #339 on: February 05, 2019, 01:31:43 PM »
Fair play apologies I just assumed they would be the same as all the other pots but  your right that does work

Cheers soz

No problem. Funny fact, I hardly save presets so for me it is extremely important. I have quite some base patches as go from there. Same with my Sub Phatty (it only has 16 spots anyway).