Feature Requests

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #300 on: December 14, 2018, 07:58:32 AM »
Almost one year ago, but for me still valid:
HOLD functionality user defined:

1. the 'DSI' way: adding notes to until full polyphony is reached
2. the 'regular' way: latch the played tones / chords until next tone / chord is played.

Only one example: I have been working on a stacked patch with a pad on layer A and a lead on layer B. B uses the arp, A doesn't. I cannot use the hold function. Layer B relatches fine, layer A collects all notes which is not what I want. When playing the arp I would like layer A playing the chord.

Switching the functionality in the global menu would be fine.

And yes, another one...

« Reply #301 on: December 14, 2018, 08:05:23 AM »
Minor request here. It would be great to have the pitch bend range extended from +/-12 to 24, or possibly 36. This is possible by using an extra modulation slot in the matrix from pitch bend to pitch, but it would of course be nice not having to sacrifice a modulation slot to achieve this extended pitch range.

and additionally: being able to set different values for 'UP' range and 'DOWN' range, so you can play with the same 'musical interval' one octave up or below the actual note / chord.

For example: bend up = 5 / bend down = 7 
in this scenario, if you play a Cmaj chord, the fully PB up result will be a Fmaj chord above the original Cmaj chord, while the fully PB down result will ALSO be a Fmaj chord, in this case below the Cmaj chord. And yes, that's really nice. :)

Thanks again!

« Reply #302 on: December 15, 2018, 03:23:42 PM »
I know this is probably not that important, but would it be possible to use a different font on the display for showing the program name? ... the way it works right now, in many situations, the name cannot be shown all at once in the display and is truncated with a ".."

I'm not sure if the display has a resolution big enough for this... but it shure would look better if the names were not truncated.

Or scrolling text perhaps?

eXode

« Reply #303 on: December 16, 2018, 01:55:06 AM »
CLK SYNC for the CHORUS, PHASER(S), and FLANGER(S), please. That cannot be too difficult or time consuming to implement imho.

jg666

« Reply #304 on: December 16, 2018, 03:26:49 AM »
I know this is probably not that important, but would it be possible to use a different font on the display for showing the program name? ... the way it works right now, in many situations, the name cannot be shown all at once in the display and is truncated with a ".."

I'm not sure if the display has a resolution big enough for this... but it shure would look better if the names were not truncated.

Personally scrolling text would be better for me because if the text was any smaller I'd need my reading spectacles on all the time to be able to read it. I suspect that would apply to a lot of us 'more senior' owners :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #305 on: December 16, 2018, 09:16:15 AM »
my biggest requests still are:

- RELATCH notes or chords when HOLD is active (like what's possible already with the ARP)
- CHORD MEMORY: more than 4 notes / voices please!! Beceause 5-note chords (or sometimes even 6) are also beautiful :)

thanks thanks thanks...

I bet the reason it's only four notes is because of the REV2 8 voice model... an 8voice model will not allow more than 4 voices since it has no more than 4 voices per layer... but with that said, it should be possible to take this into account... it does so when you allocate more voices to unison than what the model can handle.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #306 on: December 16, 2018, 09:21:12 AM »

Would be fine with me... it just seems weird that they added another 4 characters from the P08 (now up to 20), if some of them is not even seen on the screen.

The problem for me is, that I use the first four characters to designate a category... DSI never did any categorization of the programs, so I have to find a solution myself... I place the category name in the beginning because otherwise it may not even show on the screen, and also because it's easier to sort the programs this way too... but with four characters in the beginning for a category, there is even less space for a program name after that... that is why it irritates me that i cannot see the whole name at once actually.

« Reply #307 on: December 16, 2018, 03:20:11 PM »

Would be fine with me... it just seems weird that they added another 4 characters from the P08 (now up to 20), if some of them is not even seen on the screen.

The problem for me is, that I use the first four characters to designate a category... DSI never did any categorization of the programs, so I have to find a solution myself... I place the category name in the beginning because otherwise it may not even show on the screen, and also because it's easier to sort the programs this way too... but with four characters in the beginning for a category, there is even less space for a program name after that... that is why it irritates me that i cannot see the whole name at once actually.

Indeed. Categorisation is an incredibly useful and much-desired feature.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #308 on: December 27, 2018, 10:22:03 AM »
I'd like to see a parameter for setting downward pitchbend differently than upward... it's much more musical to have these at different values pretty often.

« Reply #309 on: December 27, 2018, 10:49:51 AM »
XY pads, and... a modulation display like the new Arturia Pigments VST has.  It truly is one of the most useful features on any synth hardware or software that I have ever used.  You get an instant view of what each modulation shape/wave/function is, in realtime, as the sound plays.  Impossibly useful for design and troubleshooting.

« Reply #310 on: December 27, 2018, 01:50:37 PM »
I'd like to see a parameter for setting downward pitchbend differently than upward... it's much more musical to have these at different values pretty often.

I was a bit gobsmacked to learn that this feature is missing. Especially on a synth this deep. I often use +2, -12.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #311 on: December 27, 2018, 03:36:00 PM »

I was a bit gobsmacked to learn that this feature is missing. Especially on a synth this deep. I often use +2, -12.

Yes... and other values as well... if you set it for a range of 5 up, having 5 down simply sounds unmusical... -2, -7 or -12 would be more fit in that case... makes the pitchwheel a lot more useful when using both directions.

« Reply #312 on: December 28, 2018, 05:50:22 AM »
I also think it might be nice to make the oscillators mutable from the wave selection button via a long press or something so that one could switch oscillators in and out without having to cycle through the wave shapes.

It could be implemented such that one could still cycle through the waveforms whilst being muted in that quick presses would illuminate the light (perhaps blinking) and cycle through, then go off again after a short time delay (if still muted).

« Reply #313 on: December 29, 2018, 03:36:36 PM »

Something I've also requested a couple of times already.

Hope one day DS will be able to do this, together with HOLD RE-LATCH.
These are two requests that appear here from time to time, and are very useful for live-performance / better live playing of the synth.

« Reply #314 on: January 02, 2019, 09:50:44 AM »
Hi all! This is my first time chiming in here. My feature request is to make Glide Amount a MOD destination. I'm imagining mapping it to velocity so that hitting a key harder (or softer when in the negative) increases the glide. I've had my Rev2 just over a month and find it is quite an expressive synth. So much so that I haven't touched much of anything else in my studio since!

LoboLives

« Reply #315 on: January 02, 2019, 11:30:12 PM »

Yes... and other values as well... if you set it for a range of 5 up, having 5 down simply sounds unmusical... -2, -7 or -12 would be more fit in that case... makes the pitchwheel a lot more useful when using both directions.

I’m sure this will be implemented as you can set each pitch directional range to a different amount on the PX.

« Reply #316 on: January 03, 2019, 01:10:54 PM »
Reload function to reload the sound to his original state whiteout silence like on Electron machine!!!!!

« Reply #317 on: January 05, 2019, 05:05:43 AM »
I'm sure this was already requested but sometime #of requests is expected to put some weight on decisions.
Here we go:
  • Edit Gated sequencer with keyboard when Osc(n)Freq is selected and auto-increment steps
  • change gate ON duration (not constant 50%, using the rate/time knob?)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #318 on: January 06, 2019, 12:29:06 AM »

I’m sure this will be implemented as you can set each pitch directional range to a different amount on the PX.

That may give it a greater chance then... But I'll believe it when I see it... I have not seen many features added to the REV2 lately... But one can hope... Pitchbend for both directions, key-random mod source and LFO slew rate is probably my greatest wishes, because these are what I have missed the most during my soundbank creation over the last half year... Especially LFO slew rate.

« Reply #319 on: January 07, 2019, 01:54:10 PM »
key-random mod source and LFO slew rate is probably my greatest wishes, because these are what I have missed the most during my soundbank creation over the last half year... Especially LFO slew rate.

Yes, these would be my biggest wishes as well.

And if the could improve the behaviour of the LFOs at audio rate, it seems to me they are aliasing very much and become brittle when reaching the audio range.
OB6 desktop x2, DSI Rev2 16, Toraiz AS-1, Prophet 12, Pro 2, Vermona 14, Roland System 8, Matrixbrute, Jomox Sunsyn MKII