Feature Requests

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #280 on: November 22, 2018, 01:36:00 AM »
Actually ot would be cool if the quantize parameter could instead be a list of different musical scales that the LFO could be scaled to.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

noir

« Reply #281 on: November 27, 2018, 12:56:40 AM »
I thought it was a bug but I've been told that this is intended behavior so I'm kindly asking here for a minor change with big impact:

How to reproduce:
  • Recall a program
  • Turn a poti to adjust a parameter
  • Look at the screen

Current behavior:
There's no feedback about the value of the current parameter until the saved value is reached.

Expected behavior:
As soon as the poti is turned the saved value should be displayed on the screen while the value is not changed until the saved position is reached.

Why:
In most cases when a program is recalled, pretty much all visible parameters have a different internal value. With the current implementation, it is difficult to figure out what value every single parameter has since every poti has to be turned to the saved position while the "show" button is pressed. This takes some time and it needs both hands on the device. However, I suppose that most users would like to have their hands rather on the keyboard most of the time while tweaking the parameters. Especially in live performance situations, the current behavior is an obstacle in the workflow.

« Reply #282 on: November 27, 2018, 04:54:17 PM »
I think that this is a useful suggestion. In addition, it should be said that this behavior applies to the passthrough knob mode.

I thought it was a bug but I've been told that this is intended behavior so I'm kindly asking here for a minor change with big impact:

How to reproduce:
  • Recall a program
  • Turn a poti to adjust a parameter
  • Look at the screen

Current behavior:
There's no feedback about the value of the current parameter until the saved value is reached.

Expected behavior:
As soon as the poti is turned the saved value should be displayed on the screen while the value is not changed until the saved position is reached.

Why:
In most cases when a program is recalled, pretty much all visible parameters have a different internal value. With the current implementation, it is difficult to figure out what value every single parameter has since every poti has to be turned to the saved position while the "show" button is pressed. This takes some time and it needs both hands on the device. However, I suppose that most users would like to have their hands rather on the keyboard most of the time while tweaking the parameters. Especially in live performance situations, the current behavior is an obstacle in the workflow.

« Reply #283 on: November 28, 2018, 04:45:38 AM »
A sort of slow down mechanism on knobs to have more accuracy.
In some occasion, picking the right frequency note is very tricky and I keep jumping around my choice.

jg666

« Reply #284 on: November 28, 2018, 05:58:44 AM »
In some occasion, picking the right frequency note is very tricky and I keep jumping around my choice.

In a lot of these cases you can switch to using the Value knob next to the display as this can be more precise. You can use the Value knob to change the displayed amount.

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

eXode

« Reply #285 on: December 02, 2018, 02:14:31 AM »
Would be nice with an ensemble effect (solina/eminent style) for all the instruments that have digital effects.

« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2018, 11:23:03 PM »
Polyphonic unison please =)
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

iJean

« Reply #287 on: December 04, 2018, 04:53:56 AM »
Voice limitation in poly mode (not only16/8 voices). To make polyphonic glide usefull. :)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #288 on: December 04, 2018, 05:21:38 AM »
Would be nice with an ensemble effect (solina/eminent style) for all the instruments that have digital effects.

I agree on this one... and I've requested this long ago... the answer is always the same: "there are no space for more FX"...

« Reply #289 on: December 04, 2018, 12:38:27 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is my first post/comment on the forum ever so I apologise if this question has been asked already. I've had my Rev2 since the end of November and I've not had time to do much exploring as yet. I noticed today that the sustain for the envelopes is not assignable as a destination to modulate. If DSI updated the firmware or something would this be made possible or is this something that cannot be changed?

Cheers

Elliott

The sustain stage has never been available as a modulation destination on any synth, or at least none I can currently think of. It's a level parameter, not a temporal parameter like Delay, Attack, Decay, and Release. You can implicitly modulate it by modulating the filter cutoff or the VCA level directly, depending on what level you'd like to modulate.

My apologies for the extreme late reply on this one haha! This is something I have done on my MatrixBrute which was the first big boy synth I purchased!
DSI Rev2 16 | Arturia MatrixBrute | Arturia DrumBrute | Roland System-1

« Reply #290 on: December 05, 2018, 09:02:08 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is my first post/comment on the forum ever so I apologise if this question has been asked already. I've had my Rev2 since the end of November and I've not had time to do much exploring as yet. I noticed today that the sustain for the envelopes is not assignable as a destination to modulate. If DSI updated the firmware or something would this be made possible or is this something that cannot be changed?

Cheers

Elliott

The sustain stage has never been available as a modulation destination on any synth, or at least none I can currently think of. It's a level parameter, not a temporal parameter like Delay, Attack, Decay, and Release. You can implicitly modulate it by modulating the filter cutoff or the VCA level directly, depending on what level you'd like to modulate.

My apologies for the extreme late reply on this one haha! This is something I have done on my MatrixBrute which was the first big boy synth I purchased!

I have a few synths where the sustain stage can be a modulation destination like in the MatrixBrute. 

Alesis Andromeda, Fusion, and Micron
Moog Slim Phatty and Minitaur have it as a destination CC 
My Moog One has in its Mod matrix EG1,2,3 sustain as a destination

Would be nice to see sustain as a destination in the Rev2, esp for the filter envelope.

Although, I'd prefer to have polyphonic unison first, as that is much more useful for fattening up voices while retaining polyphony, especially in split mode.
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

« Reply #291 on: December 06, 2018, 04:08:31 AM »

In a lot of these cases you can switch to using the Value knob next to the display as this can be more precise. You can use the Value knob to change the displayed amount.
Didn’t know that trick VERY usefull.
Thanks!

LoboLives

« Reply #292 on: December 08, 2018, 10:30:56 AM »
Voice allocation.

LoboLives

« Reply #293 on: December 11, 2018, 11:19:12 AM »
Another feature I’d like to see is a feature from the Prophet 10 which was a mode called alternate which alternated between layer a and layer b every other note. It produced some really nice sounds, especially if you held down chords.

maxter

« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2018, 10:42:17 AM »
Minor request here. It would be great to have the pitch bend range extended from +/-12 to 24, or possibly 36. This is possible by using an extra modulation slot in the matrix from pitch bend to pitch, but it would of course be nice not having to sacrifice a modulation slot to achieve this extended pitch range.
The Way the Truth and the Life

Djinn

« Reply #295 on: December 13, 2018, 03:32:46 AM »
I'm also glad arp works now I agree with others Increased pitch range and lfo slew would both be desirable
Plus I will continue to champion increased filter bit rate changeable in global cheers  :)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #296 on: December 13, 2018, 03:39:02 AM »
I suppose that the REV2 envelopes are digitally created (DSP)... and if they are, I'd really like to see an extra envelope trigger mode where the envelope's current state value is reset to zero when it receives a trigger.

Currently, the state of the envelope simply continue from where it was currently at when it receive a new trigger, like with an analog envelope... but being able to reset the envelope to zero when it receive a trigger can be handy in some cases.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #297 on: December 14, 2018, 03:35:22 AM »
I know this is probably not that important, but would it be possible to use a different font on the display for showing the program name? ... the way it works right now, in many situations, the name cannot be shown all at once in the display and is truncated with a ".."

I'm not sure if the display has a resolution big enough for this... but it shure would look better if the names were not truncated.

« Reply #298 on: December 14, 2018, 07:38:23 AM »
my biggest requests still are:

- RELATCH notes or chords when HOLD is active (like what's possible already with the ARP)
- CHORD MEMORY: more than 4 notes / voices please!! Beceause 5-note chords (or sometimes even 6) are also beautiful :)

thanks thanks thanks...

« Reply #299 on: December 14, 2018, 07:48:43 AM »
Is there any hardware limitation for why the hold button has to play the exact same role as sustain? Can an option for the ability to reset upon changing a note/chords be implemented for the hold button?

I know already some time that I'm not the only one requesting this... :) Hold + Relatch = Thank You Very Muchas!