Feature Requests

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #240 on: September 15, 2018, 04:49:49 PM »

++1 for a Random mod source.

Would also be very cool to have a slew or smoothing parameter, or at least a choice of linear, exponential, or logarithmic curves.  Most useful on filter and volume (and pitch) envelopes, esp in the attack and decay portion.  If you think about it, the envelope is often a defining feature in many vintage sounds.

Ok,
Random Mod Source = LFO (say) 4 set to Random, Use the Modulation matrix to route said LFO (as Source) to anywhere.

Slew/Linear/Exponential = Use the AUX Envelope and set it to the Decay parameter of any envelope you want to alter. Then you have to shape the AUX Envelope so it starts working its magic. This will speed up or slow (and various "slopes" are available as well) the target Attack/Decay parameters you have as destinations there.
You could also add keyboard tracking to the Attack or Decay portion of said AUX Envelope to emulate a well known "Rate" parameter from other synths...

« Reply #241 on: September 15, 2018, 04:51:06 PM »
Are the LFOs analog? Because an audio-rate multiplier (somehow implemented) would be amazing for AM and FM synthesis.

« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2018, 06:28:58 PM »
(dang couldn't edit that post above)

2) The Prophet remembers the Octave Transpose on reboot (saved to memory) -this would save one a almost-second-nature task of needing to transpose it, each time one turns it on.

3) In the newest beta (1.1.4.18) whenever I hit Write and am editing Layer B the patch gets written but takes me back to Layer A *edit* There is a setting for that in Global 'Save Edit B' (might need some copywriting revision!)

4) Pitch Bend Range, possible to up the ante on this to 24 or even 48? That would be nuts!

5) The Sub-Oscillator is, what appears to be a Octave-Divided solution, is it bound only to a Squarewave shape, or would be possible for an option of it inheriting the shape of Oscillator A (which is its 'master)?

I'm having quite strange results with the 'Audio Out' mod source, it would be interesting to expand on that one a bit...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #243 on: September 16, 2018, 12:40:01 AM »

You can simulate exponential and logarithmic response curves in the envelopes quite easy in any synth with a mod matrix that allow you to change envelope speeds as destination... Just route the envelope you want to shape, to it's own attack, decay or release parameter... Positive or negative amounts will make the curve either exponential or logarithmic... I use this trick a lot.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:42:16 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #244 on: September 16, 2018, 06:27:01 AM »
Modulation Matrix Sources 1-8 Depth ALL -as a destination for the matrix itself (that way you could use the Mod Wheel to introduce Depth to ALL Sources 1-8 at the same time)

« Reply #245 on: September 16, 2018, 07:27:38 AM »

You can simulate exponential and logarithmic response curves in the envelopes quite easy in any synth with a mod matrix that allow you to change envelope speeds as destination... Just route the envelope you want to shape, to it's own attack, decay or release parameter... Positive or negative amounts will make the curve either exponential or logarithmic... I use this trick a lot.

Thanks, I forgot about this trick.  Just tried it on filter env decay, and now it responds closer to what I think. Count yet another feature request fulfilled for me.

Another recent feature request I also found a workaround for -- separate levels of the layers.  The Env Amount works as a sort of program level, so I'm using that to balance the levels of the 2 layers.  Not perfect, but workable.  Someone mentioned in an old thread that you could set Program Volume as a destination, but I can't find that anywhere in the Mod Matrix destinations.  I wonder where that parameter is....

Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

maxter

« Reply #246 on: September 16, 2018, 09:07:44 AM »
(dang couldn't edit that post above)

2) The Prophet remembers the Octave Transpose on reboot (saved to memory) -this would save one a almost-second-nature task of needing to transpose it, each time one turns it on.

3) In the newest beta (1.1.4.18) whenever I hit Write and am editing Layer B the patch gets written but takes me back to Layer A *edit* There is a setting for that in Global 'Save Edit B' (might need some copywriting revision!)

4) Pitch Bend Range, possible to up the ante on this to 24 or even 48? That would be nuts!

5) The Sub-Oscillator is, what appears to be a Octave-Divided solution, is it bound only to a Squarewave shape, or would be possible for an option of it inheriting the shape of Oscillator A (which is its 'master)?

I'm having quite strange results with the 'Audio Out' mod source, it would be interesting to expand on that one a bit...

4) It's possible to get the pitch bend up to 24 or 48, but at the cost of a slot in the mod matrix. So it's possible already, but it would make sense to have that option without using the mod matrix.

5) I suspect this is a basic octave divider, which only outputs a square wave, so I don't think it would be possible, but I don't really know.
The Way the Truth and the Life

maxter

« Reply #247 on: September 16, 2018, 09:11:38 AM »

Thanks, I forgot about this trick.  Just tried it on filter env decay, and now it responds closer to what I think. Count yet another feature request fulfilled for me.

Another recent feature request I also found a workaround for -- separate levels of the layers.  The Env Amount works as a sort of program level, so I'm using that to balance the levels of the 2 layers.  Not perfect, but workable.  Someone mentioned in an old thread that you could set Program Volume as a destination, but I can't find that anywhere in the Mod Matrix destinations.  I wonder where that parameter is....

There is already a parameter for "Program Level", one for each layer, in the Misc Par section.

There is no Program Level as destination though, but there is VCA, which could work depending on what you're trying to achieve with it, but it's not the same thing as Program Level.

« Reply #248 on: September 16, 2018, 09:24:23 AM »
Nevermind, I found Program Volume under Misc Parameters.

Another "feature" request, unless I just can't find it in the manual  --- All Notes Off (called Panic mode in some synths).

(Not so) fun fact:  You can create a program with stuck notes, write the program to memory, reboot the Rev2, and when you call up that program it will play stuck notes without even touching any keys yet.
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

« Reply #249 on: September 16, 2018, 09:39:06 AM »

Another "feature" request, unless I just can't find it in the manual  --- All Notes Off (called Panic mode in some synths).

(Not so) fun fact:  You can create a program with stuck notes, write the program to memory, reboot the Rev2, and when you call up that program it will play stuck notes without even touching any keys yet.
Sounds like a feature not a bug!

« Reply #250 on: September 16, 2018, 09:42:21 AM »
Are the LFOs analog? Because an audio-rate multiplier (somehow implemented) would be amazing for AM and FM synthesis.
They’re digital and kinda/sorta do some AM/FM but not quite. Audio Out does FM a bit better but obviously without control over the wave shape; the audio is modulating itself.

maxter

« Reply #251 on: September 16, 2018, 10:10:26 AM »

Definitely! I wonder if psionic11 is referring to programming a positive value for the VCA parameter, which makes the notes drone? Or how else do you program "stuck notes"?

« Reply #252 on: September 16, 2018, 11:43:55 AM »

Definitely! I wonder if psionic11 is referring to programming a positive value for the VCA parameter, which makes the notes drone? Or how else do you program "stuck notes"?
I'd like to know too. Would be cool to select a patch and have a drone start with pre-programmed notes. Normally if you select a patch with the VCA open it plays notes played on whatever patch you were just on.

« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2018, 04:07:47 PM »
The stuck notes were an accident, and the drone notes aren't controllable or predictable.

I created a basic program, and created a split.  I wanted the left hand bass to be thicker, so I put it in unison.  I was messing with unison detune and number of voices when I got stuck notes.  Having already spent 20 minutes fine tuning the upper layer, I didn't want to lose my work so I opted to save at that point.   I figured I could scroll to another program and back to stop the stuck notes.  Nope,  still there.   So I rebooted.   Still there.

Worse yet, if I took it out of split mode, I got additional very high sounding stuck notes.

So this is very much a bug.  And is also why I was asking if there was an All Notes Off command. 

Come to think of it, I was also dabbling with the VCA Env amount and levels, trying to balance the 2 layers volume wise.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:09:24 PM by psionic11 »

« Reply #254 on: September 16, 2018, 04:12:09 PM »

I'd like to know too. Would be cool to select a patch and have a drone start with pre-programmed notes. Normally if you select a patch with the VCA open it plays notes played on whatever patch you were just on.

Latched looping envelopes would achieve this. My Subsequent does this.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:15:05 PM by Quatschmacher »

« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2018, 05:28:46 AM »
I'd like to see a new form of voice trigger mode... not only for the REV2, but in synthesizers in general that are polyphonic.

The mode I'm thinking about is one that mimics real acoustic instruments that are "polyphonic" like stringed instruments.

With the normal polyphonic voice allocation in polyphonic synths, if you press the same key multiple times, a new voice is allocated for that note, but in acoustic instruments, if you (like on stringed instruments for example) play the same note, it does not double... if you hit the same string twice, that string is in essence "monophonic".

I was about to post the exact same request !
It's very important to me. For instance if you hold the sustain pedal to maintain some chords for a long time while you tweak the sound and then you play another chord (releasing the key but not the pedal), you end up triggering the common notes twice. This is really annoying.

« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2018, 05:31:08 AM »
Another one really important : an "automatic" Clock Mode, that would grab an incoming clock when there's one and switch to internal if there in none.
I am so sick and tired to change this in the Globals 648 times a day !!! (or am I missing something ?)

« Reply #257 on: September 19, 2018, 05:19:14 AM »
Here's another one.

When using "passtrhru" knob mode, the screen currently updates the tweaked parameter name and value only when you reach the actual value. This would be much more useful to instantly display the parameter that you're tweaking with the actual value "stuck" until you reach it.

Also some sort of flashing indicator would be very useful when you cross the "original" value saved with the patch.

And (but that's a bug) : when you hit "show" to know a parameter value, the passthru seems to grab the knob movement, so when you get back to the knob, you actually have a parameter jump.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:23:34 AM by chapelier fou »

eXode

« Reply #258 on: September 22, 2018, 09:37:50 AM »
I understand this won't happen but I like to think about what if the REV2 effect section would have been arranged in a bus configuration instead. That is the ability to send both layers to both effects, with custom dry/wet for each effect and layer, and finally an option to run the effects in either series or parallel.

Example: I want Layer A to go through a phaser on effect 1 that is then routed to a delay on effect 2 while Layer B is routed directly to effect 2.

Or I want both layers to go through a chorus and delay.

The possibilities.

« Reply #259 on: September 22, 2018, 11:16:56 AM »
Agreed it would be very nice to have FX in a bus configuration as often found on workstations.

Also, having a dedicated final EQ section would really help sound shaping and room correction as well.  A simple high shelf, low shelf, and a parametric mid section with adjustable Q, sweepable frequency, and level would suffice.  You could notch out some of the nasal quality or push up the low end for bass (although admittedly there must be something there to augment in the first place, hehe).