Feature Requests

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2018, 12:18:13 AM »
I'd love a quick way to recall the program at its saved state. Tweak, mess it up, then recall it.
A button combo, like hold Global and press Split A/B would be perfect.
Elektron MD users will know what I'm talking about !

« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2018, 11:57:00 AM »
Another that would be incredible for the Gated Sequencer : ability to force to a scale when using the oscillator pitch as a destination. This thing can make so beautiful arpeggios. But most of the time I limit myself to fifths and octaves otherwise it can be quickly dissonant when more notes are held.
Thoughts ?

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2018, 03:41:34 PM »
Is there any hardware limitation for why the hold button has to play the exact same role as sustain? Can an option for the ability to reset upon changing a note/chords be implemented for the hold button?

Also, is it possible to have an option to enter a sequence for both layers to avoid those repeated notes in the background without having to replay the sequence again? I know the REV2 sequencer requires notes to be entered at all times, so it would make it less noticeably janky to have this option.

Djinn

« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2018, 04:18:05 AM »
I would like to request 14 bit resolution update for cutoff rez etc switchable to 7bit  in global would be great

« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2018, 01:05:00 AM »

Also, is it possible to have an option to enter a sequence for both layers to avoid those repeated notes in the background without having to replay the sequence again? I know the REV2 sequencer requires notes to be entered at all times, so it would make it less noticeably janky to have this option.

+1
Not native english speaker.

« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2018, 05:43:06 PM »
I would love to be able to define global offset values to specific parameters PER VOICE like:

- Default 50% Pulsewidth (very annoying on Rev2)
- Filter Cutoff (specifically HP filters on Prophet 6 and Propet 12)
- Volume & Pan (specifially rev2 and Prophet 12)

Thanks for considering  :)

« Reply #206 on: August 06, 2018, 04:16:48 AM »
Not sure if this feature is available after an update, but I hope to be able to copy and paste sequences from 1 layer to another e.g. U1P1A to U4P100B. I know that copying layers between programs has been enhanced; what about sequences only?
DSI Prophet Rev2, Access Virus TI, Moog Sirin, Ableton Live

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #207 on: August 06, 2018, 04:37:55 AM »

+1

Many have requested this by now, but the response from DSI has been kind of disappointing... they just tell you to copy the sequence from one layer to another... even though that is a tedious process to have to do every time you record something with a stacked program... I'll opt for such a feature too... the more of you who request it, the bigger the chance they may reconsider...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #208 on: August 06, 2018, 04:41:55 AM »
Not sure if this feature is available after an update, but I hope to be able to copy and paste sequences from 1 layer to another e.g. U1P1A to U4P100B. I know that copying layers between programs has been enhanced; what about sequences only?

Hit both split and stack buttons simultaneously... now turn the parameter knob until you find the copy/swap functions for the sequences... they are there ;)

unfortunately that only works within the same program... the feature where you can load any layer into any program layer is not available for sequences only... unfortunately.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:45:48 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #209 on: August 06, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »
Yeah it works within the same program. Would love to see it enabled for copy/paste sequences across different programs :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, Access Virus TI, Moog Sirin, Ableton Live

« Reply #210 on: August 09, 2018, 12:05:00 AM »
Now that we have the sequencer sending out midi notes, I would like some more.
The gated sequencer sending out notes and midi control messages for the destinations assigned to the tracks.

Something else I would like to see is ratcheting. And while we're on it Roland 100m M185 style of sequencer. I use the HY-SeqCollection (it has a m185 style sequencer) and it is super awesome. You can fiddle with it all night.

eXode

« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2018, 12:18:12 PM »
Minor request, but would be useful to be able to set at least one of the LFOs to global/mono. I know there's key sync, but it's not quite the same thing, imho. :)

LoboLives

« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2018, 05:47:39 PM »
I’m thrilled that the sequencer now has beat Sync and can send midi notes out....but it still can only be transposed by holding down the record button? Is it just not possible to implement this?

« Reply #213 on: August 19, 2018, 07:32:17 AM »
I would like to request 14 bit resolution update for cutoff rez etc switchable to 7bit  in global would be great
Full res NRPN controls for ALL the front panel pots as an option in globals, please. Any 'stepping' on these are a hinderance to the music I want to write and perform on this thing.

« Reply #214 on: August 19, 2018, 01:39:19 PM »
Another that would be incredible for the Gated Sequencer : ability to force to a scale when using the oscillator pitch as a destination. This thing can make so beautiful arpeggios. But most of the time I limit myself to fifths and octaves otherwise it can be quickly dissonant when more notes are held.
Thoughts ?
I think you might want to use the arpeggiator rather than the gated sequencer. The gated sequencer will play exactly the notes you program with the ability to shift the key by playing a different note. If you want other notes to play simultaneously you can either program them in another seq slot or on another Layer.

eXode

« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2018, 09:08:05 AM »
These features could be implemented in several DSI products (where applicable):

#1 Global LFO mode, alternatively "Free Sync". I miss being able to set the LFO to global operation, i.e. one LFO for all voices. If it's not possible to make an option to have one of the LFOs operate as a global LFO, an alternative could be something called "Free sync" (as opposed to Key Sync), basically that the LFOs are free running, but in sync with each other.

#2 Random (per voice) modulation source. Basically a random source in the mod matrix where each voice/note gets a new random value (bipolar). I've seen this feature in some soft synths, and it's great for getting some natural detuning between voices in a chord for an example, but can also be used for i.e. envelope times, etc to get some more variation between voices. This could also be super cool if it could be used in conjunction with unison if applied to i.e. filter cutoff with a high resonance setting (each voice getting it's own random cutoff value).

#3 Clock sync option for modulation effects. The Phaser and Flanger effects in particular could benefit from having a clock sync option.

#4 Frequency and time values on LFOs and EGs. When not in CLK SYNC mode, the LFOs would show the actual Hz rate, and the EGs would show the time in ms to sec.

« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2018, 06:40:41 PM »
I just want facilities to get the oscillator pulse widths very finely calibrated, by ear, since the calibration routine seems to have limited capabilities.  The rest of it is plenty of analog synth, for me.
Moog Voyager, Novation Peak, Waldorf Microwave XT, Nord Wave, Emu Audity 2000, Yamaha SY85 & TG500, Waldorf Pulse+, Yamaha FS1R, Sequential Pro One, Korg Wavestation A/D, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha CS-15, MFB Tanzbar, Crumar Bit-99, Emu Emax I, Casio FZ-20M, 12U of Eurorack.

« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2018, 06:44:43 AM »
A pretty simple suggestion: It would be very useful to be able to let A be active at the UPPER part of the keyboard and B be the LOWER part of the keyboard.

This would offer two great utilities:
1) Be able to edit the upper layer directly after selecting a preset. Now you have to press EDIT B to do so. (I often have a base patch on the left, which I don't want to tweak while playing; I do want to tweak my upper timbral patch)
2) Be able to have a typical lead sound in a preset where split is not activated, to which you can add the lower layer for your left hand (Layer B) by simply pressing SPLIT. (So I can save a nice preset with and without basepart easily in one preset)

Currently, only the opposite is possible, where you can only directly edit the lower timbral patch and where only the upper timbral layer can be added or removed from the preset.

« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2018, 04:23:10 AM »
Regarding additional features, I think the following suggestions would be useful:

- Much important for me: poly seq should keep running when you enable or disable split or stack. Otherwise there is no possibility to add an additional sound to a running sequence.

- If possible, add new mod-destinations "Osc1 / Osc2 level" (this was even mentioned in an earlier version of the manual)

- Please implement the ability to octave Osc 1 & 2 without scrolling through semitones (useful for programming). Furthermore this would allow you to octave only one layer when playing split sounds (which is not possible with the transpose buttons).

- It would be nice to have clk sync for modulation effects and Env3 looping

One more question: Anyone knows if there's a way to set the duration of the note steps in the gated sequencer? In the polysequencer as well, you only have the choice between a (for my taste) too short step-duration and "tie".
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:00:35 AM by Kasimir Effekt »

« Reply #219 on: September 06, 2018, 07:12:39 PM »
Two requests on my wishlist for the Rev2:

1) Ability to *transmit* on 2 channels when in split mode.  Master MIDI controllers need to transmit, only modules need receive only.

2) MIDI merge (with or without clock) on DIN MIDI to USB MIDI, and vice versa.  This would grant a master controller Rev2 many modern features:
-- play (via USB) Mainstage / DAW / VST / iPad from Rev2 and/or other DIN-connected MIDI keyboards
-- allow (via USB) Mainstage / DAW / VST / iPad to sequence / program change the Rev2 and any other downstream keyboards, drum machines, guitar multiFX pedalboard, etc

Currently one must choose either the USB world or the DIN world, but not both.  Nary shall the two meet without merge capability.
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010