Feature Requests

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2018, 08:16:39 PM »
We don't have enough DSP horsepower remaining to add additional FX to the Prophet Rev2.

I thought that it was a matter of codespace... how can it be a matter of horsepower when you simply change the algorithm!? ... it's not like all FX are running at the same time ?

probably because all the existing effects are loaded into RAM or reserve a certain amount of system resources to be recalled instantly every time you power on the Rev2.  If I had to guess.

« Reply #181 on: July 03, 2018, 11:33:50 PM »
God...

I know ( I'm sure ) already asked here but...

Why no midi sequancer  transmission ?! Why ?

has someone ever had an answer for that ?
Not native english speaker.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2018, 01:52:05 AM »
We don't have enough DSP horsepower remaining to add additional FX to the Prophet Rev2.

I thought that it was a matter of codespace... how can it be a matter of horsepower when you simply change the algorithm!? ... it's not like all FX are running at the same time ?

probably because all the existing effects are loaded into RAM or reserve a certain amount of system resources to be recalled instantly every time you power on the Rev2.  If I had to guess.

Sure... but then it's not horsepower that is the problem, but codespace/memory... but it really does not matter anyway... if they cannot put in more FX, then there is no reason to wish for them anymore.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #183 on: July 04, 2018, 02:24:39 AM »
I would really like to see the sustain pedal input as a modulation source, and a global parameter added to set the sustain input's function, just like with the expression pedal, so that I can switch other parameters on/off (0/127 CC value) in the same way as the Hold function... if the same could be done with the Sequencer input it would be even nicer.

Also, instead of dedicated slew parameters for the LFO's as I wrote further up, maybe a mod source and destination named "Slew" could be even better... where you route a mod source to the "Slew Input" destination, and then after this you route the "Slew Output" source to whatever you want... this way the slew function could be used for any source and destination. The amount sent to the "Slew input" would of course be the slew rate.

I'd like to see some way of calibrating the Pedal/CV input... My newly bought Moog EP-3 seems to switch between 0 and 1 values as the lowest value... when the pedal reach minimum value it stops at either 1 or 0... I'm not sure if this is the pedal, or if it's the REV2 doing this, but if a calibration routine could fix this, it would be very welcome... with many parameters, this 0 or 1 is not a big deal, but if routed to pitch, it makes quite a big difference.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:29:36 AM by Razmo »

« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2018, 05:44:24 AM »
I'm not sure that has been discussed already. I would like to choose how voice are distributed in split mode. I've had some synths for which you could have 2/4 and 4/2. As I have the Rev 2 8voice (will upgrade to 16 very soon) I would like to have 1 or 2 for the left and the rest for the right hand side.

I think 2/6, 4/4, 6/2 for 8 voice and 2/14, 4/12, 6/10, 8/8, 10/6, 12/4 and (you guessed it right) 14/2 for the 16 voice, is not that much to ask for.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #185 on: July 06, 2018, 08:08:17 AM »
I'm not sure that has been discussed already. I would like to choose how voice are distributed in split mode. I've had some synths for which you could have 2/4 and 4/2. As I have the Rev 2 8voice (will upgrade to 16 very soon) I would like to have 1 or 2 for the left and the rest for the right hand side.

I think 2/6, 4/4, 6/2 for 8 voice and 2/14, 4/12, 6/10, 8/8, 10/6, 12/4 and (you guessed it right) 14/2 for the 16 voice, is not that much to ask for.

If I'm right, this is not possible because of the hardware... the more I look at the REV2, it seems like you should see the synth as two independant 8-voice synths... one for each layer... when being in 16voice mode (only using layer A), I bet that layer A is automatically copied to Layer B so their sounds are exactly the same, and then an internal kind of "Polychain" method is used so that it seems like you have one synth with 16 voices.

If this is correct, then the two layers are hardwired each to their own with their own FX slot... thus it would be impossible to use any voices from one layer, on the other layer, as they are hardwired to the given layer.

If I'm not correct on this, DSI may correct me... but I'm pretty certain this is what is going on... and if I'm not mistaking, I bet this is the same for both Prophet 12 and Prophet X as well.

The reason I believe that the sound on Layer A is normally copied to Layer B on a preset using only layer A is, that the edit buffer dump bug that I've found earlier, seems to forget to copy the layer from A to B when it receives a dump that should be in 16voice mode... when this happen, the 16 voices that will cycle have the first 8 keystrokes being the right sound, but the next 8 in the cycle is whatever is stored on layer B of the dump... so if you say; dump a preset that use only layer A, and layer B just contain the "basic Preset B" sound, then the first 8 keypresses gives the intended sound, but the next 8 gives you the "Basic Preset B" sound... and so on and on and on...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 08:14:47 AM by Razmo »

« Reply #186 on: July 06, 2018, 11:43:57 AM »

If I'm right, this is not possible because of the hardware... the more I look at the REV2, it seems like you should see the synth as two independant 8-voice synths... one for each layer... when being in 16voice mode (only using layer A), I bet that layer A is automatically copied to Layer B so their sounds are exactly the same, and then an internal kind of "Polychain" method is used so that it seems like you have one synth with 16 voices.

If this is correct, then the two layers are hardwired each to their own with their own FX slot... thus it would be impossible to use any voices from one layer, on the other layer, as they are hardwired to the given layer.

If I'm not correct on this, DSI may correct me... but I'm pretty certain this is what is going on... and if I'm not mistaking, I bet this is the same for both Prophet 12 and Prophet X as well.

The reason I believe that the sound on Layer A is normally copied to Layer B on a preset using only layer A is, that the edit buffer dump bug that I've found earlier, seems to forget to copy the layer from A to B when it receives a dump that should be in 16voice mode... when this happen, the 16 voices that will cycle have the first 8 keystrokes being the right sound, but the next 8 in the cycle is whatever is stored on layer B of the dump... so if you say; dump a preset that use only layer A, and layer B just contain the "basic Preset B" sound, then the first 8 keypresses gives the intended sound, but the next 8 gives you the "Basic Preset B" sound... and so on and on and on...

That sounds like a plausible explanation. I think that is a flaw. The machine could have even more potential than the beast it already is.

LoboLives

« Reply #187 on: July 06, 2018, 04:17:13 PM »

That sounds like a plausible explanation. I think that is a flaw. The machine could have even more potential than the beast it already is.

In Paul Dither's interview with Dave he spoke about multitimbrality...perhaps if we ever do see another synth with more than two engines we might see voice allocation.

LoboLives

« Reply #188 on: July 06, 2018, 04:19:17 PM »
God...

It's been that way for a while. Dave is a creature of habit and since it wasn't a function on the original MIDI development he just never incorporated it into his synths. I think it's true as well for the arpeggiator.

Until we see an update...external midi sequencers are the way to go for now. Be they hardware or software.

« Reply #189 on: July 06, 2018, 04:49:30 PM »
God...

Does this mean it is currently impossible to use the Rev 2’s sequencer to control a Prophet 12 (which has no sequencer)?

Is this also the case with the Pro 2’s sequencer?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 04:51:11 PM by Quatschmacher »

LoboLives

« Reply #190 on: July 06, 2018, 11:09:42 PM »
God...

Does this mean it is currently impossible to use the Rev 2’s sequencer to control a Prophet 12 (which has no sequencer)?

REV2's sequencer can't control the Prophet 12 but the Pro 2's sequencer can.

« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2018, 04:19:25 AM »
I would love to be able use the keyboard as master keyboard. The current "local control" setting "deactivates" both the keyboard and knobs. I want the knobs to still affect the synth engine, while using the keyboard as master keyboard for my sequencer (which controls/plays all my synths including the prophet).

"Local control keyboard only" would be nice. is this something that would be technically possible?

EDIT: I just realize that this got requested quite often. Please add it :))
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 04:23:34 AM by flocked »

« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2018, 08:20:07 AM »
God...

REV2's sequencer can't control the Prophet 12 but the Pro 2's sequencer can.

Thanks.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2018, 04:33:00 AM »
I have a relatively simple feature request:

I would like that the BPM parameter was available in the Modulation Matrix as a destination, so that I can control the speed of a poly/gated sequence in real time from a physical control... the BPM encoder is not good enough for this because it's hard to control performance wise.

« Reply #194 on: July 24, 2018, 10:43:05 PM »
the 16 voices that will cycle have the first 8 keystrokes being the right sound, but the next 8 in the cycle is
whatever is stored on layer B of the dump.

DSI says this cycling is intended behavior. It seems there is no real 16 voices mode in the REV2, but more alike "2x8".
You can notice this using both A and B outputs that the 1st 8 voices played go to Out A and next 8 voices played to out B. I put this down as a feature request in globals or misc parameters to force all voices to out A or B when both outputs plugged in so that I don't have to physically remove the plugs when I want all voices on one output, but that seems that is not going to happen since it seems hardwired. An option could be to have a Globals/Misc setting to force all 16 sounds to  follow" A only", "B only" layer settings and "default" for the way it currently behaves  to workaround if there is a  bug like you mentioned.

MPM

« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2018, 11:05:06 PM »
Sequencer note retrig, like 3 x 1/16 repeat in a step.

So I don’t have to shorten a 64 step by reving up the BPM to get AWESOME Bass lines.
OB-6  Prophet-6  Prophet.Rev2/16  no kids

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2018, 11:56:44 PM »
the 16 voices that will cycle have the first 8 keystrokes being the right sound, but the next 8 in the cycle is
whatever is stored on layer B of the dump.

DSI says this cycling is intended behavior. It seems there is no real 16 voices mode in the REV2, but more alike "2x8".
You can notice this using both A and B outputs that the 1st 8 voices played go to Out A and next 8 voices played to out B. I put this down as a feature request in globals or misc parameters to force all voices to out A or B when both outputs plugged in so that I don't have to physically remove the plugs when I want all voices on one output, but that seems that is not going to happen since it seems hardwired. An option could be to have a Globals/Misc setting to force all 16 sounds to  follow" A only", "B only" layer settings and "default" for the way it currently behaves  to workaround if there is a  bug like you mentioned.

Yes, it's normal behavior, but what I'm talking about is the edit buffer dump bug ... if you change preset on the front panel of the REV2, then Layer A is copied to layer B, if it is a 16 voice program, so that you do not hear that it's actually two daisy chained synths on the inside (except if you're having both stereo outputs connected which gives it away by this bouncing)... but if the REV2 recieve an Edit Buffer Dump SysEx message, and the program is a single layer (16 voice) sound, then it does NOT copy Layer A to Layer B, which result in what i described; first 8 sounds being right (playing from layer A), but the next 8 plays wrong (Layer B) because it has not been properly initialized by copying layer A to layer B somehow.

So in general, it is already following Layer A's data... you cannot circumvent the bouncing in any way, but the Edit Buffer Dump bug is certainly fixable... Following Layer A in 16 voice modes is what it is already doing by copying Layer A to B on initialization, so I do not think that an option in the globals would be of much help... the bouncing on the two stereo outs will always be there in 16 voice modes as long as the B outs are in use, there just is no way around this as it's a hardwired thing, like on any dual timbral synth from DSI.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:06:22 AM by Razmo »

« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2018, 05:04:54 AM »
I'd love to have an option for the Gated Seq to be "quantized" to a time value. So the sequences waits for the next tick (value specified) to happen.
That raises the question : what about the first note ? I'd love an option for all the sequencers to be quantized to a clock as well.

« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2018, 04:02:48 AM »
I'd love an option for the gated sequencer to not add another voice when you hit a note that is already held.

« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2018, 06:05:55 AM »
Automatic Clock synchro would be awesome.
I'm so tired of changing this settings in the Global menu every time I stop my DAW and want to play !