Feature Requests

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2017, 07:17:26 PM »
How about making the Parameter Knob do something when you're editing?

It should automatically advance to the next item in the section you are editing.

For example...
If I'm editing the VCA envelope and turn the attack knob and then use the Value Knob to accurately dial in a value, turning the Parameter Knob should then take you to the next setting for that section (i.e the VCA decay), followed by its Sustain setting, then release etc etc.

At the moment turning the parameter knob does precisely nothing!!! :(

Because they are 'notched' the Parameter & Value Knobs are far easier to dial in specific amounts and it'd be much quicker to be able to 'step through' related parameters in a section using the parameter knob than having to physically jump from the value knob to another in the VCA section itself.

niagarasynths

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2017, 08:43:32 AM »
I would like to have a knob that is assignable to Mix/Balance between the 2 layers. Volumes of the layers are already established within the layers but a knob that can adjust in real time would be super useful, like on my old CS-80. There is already the knob in the Effects section called Mix. When the Effects button is off, make it a mix layer knob.

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2017, 09:45:22 AM »
There is already the knob in the Effects section called Mix. When the Effects button is off, make it a mix layer knob.

Good idea! :)

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2017, 10:43:38 AM »
I would like to have a knob that is assignable to Mix/Balance between the 2 layers. Volumes of the layers are already established within the layers but a knob that can adjust in real time would be super useful, like on my old CS-80. There is already the knob in the Effects section called Mix. When the Effects button is off, make it a mix layer knob.

I was just thinking about how this should be a modulation option yesterday... I would specifically like to use the modwheel for this.

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2017, 03:10:40 PM »
You can already do this in the Mod Matrix by assigning the Mod Wheel to Amp Env Amt for each layer. Make one layer's Mod Amount -127 and the other layer's Mod Amount +127 and turn its Amp Env Amt to 0. Now stack the two layers and use the mod wheel to mix between them.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

niagarasynths

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2017, 08:57:27 AM »
I understand that this would work, but when I play live, Aftertouch is normally used for vibrato and my Modwheel is usually reserved for affecting filter type parameters. Having a dedicated knob to make real time changes in the layer mix would be the best option.

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2017, 04:48:27 AM »
HOLD functionality user defined:

1. the 'DSI' way: adding notes to until full polyphony is reached
2. the 'regular' way: latch the played tones / chords until next tone / chord is played.

Thanks.

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2017, 07:36:59 AM »
It might be an idea to be able to choose a different pitch band range for up / down, as is possible on many soft synths.

Can be useful for example when in chord memory mode (+ HOLD):

when pitchbend is set to a fixed 7 semitones (7 up  /  7 down)

- you play a Cm7 chord
- pitch bend down = Fm7 chord (a fifth down)
- pitch bend up = Gm 7 chord (a fifth up)

if you can program pitch bend for up / down independently:

pitch down = 7 / pitch up = 5

- you play a Cm7
- pitch bend down = Fm7 (a fifth down)
- pitch bend up = Fm7 (a fourth up, or an octave in difference of the pitch bend down chord).

this can be very coole for house music for example

so giving us that little more flexibility in choosing pitch bend range would be great, DSI.

Thanks

L.

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2017, 02:41:23 PM »
So many great ideas here to improve this already mind blowing machine. I love my Rev 2.

It'd be fun if the Clock "Divide" was a mod destination. This could get some exciting unpredictable rhythms going with the arpeggiator.

Big thumbs up to making the gated sequencers more hands-on like on the Prophet 08. Use 16 of the LPF and VCA ENV knobs for gated sequencer control.

FX: I love the sound of the HPF. What about adding a second sweet digital LPF?

Happy synthesizing!

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2017, 09:32:06 PM »
Big +1 for the original parameter value being indicated somehow. The little dot that shows up in the OB-6 display would be perfect. No need to reinvent the wheel here. Keep things standard across the range of instruments.

Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

dsetto

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2017, 10:00:53 PM »
Great ideas.

Digital bandpass filter? (The digital HPF is good.)

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2017, 09:47:33 AM »
Big +1 for the original parameter value being indicated somehow. The little dot that shows up in the OB-6 display would be perfect. No need to reinvent the wheel here. Keep things standard across the range of instruments.

Just discovered the "Show" button...Because someone mentioned it earlier in this thread but didn't really explain it. I only knew it as the Misc Parameters button. Didn't even see the tiny "show" text until I studied the panel for a few minutes. For anyone else that might be wondering, pressing and holding the show/misc parameters button and then turning a knob will display the original stored parameter value for that knob without changing it. Exactly what I have been needing for the last few weeks. Damn, why isn't this in the manual? or Did I miss it?

Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

dsetto

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2017, 10:45:19 AM »
It's a good feature. Often I get out of habit of using it. A great way to make a subtle move.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2017, 02:14:45 AM »
I do not know if these have been requested before... but I'd really like to see these effetcs features:

1. Ping Pong Delay.
2. String Ensemble (preferably modelled after the Eminent E310 Unique / Solina).
3. Frequency Shifter.
4. Formant Filter.
5. Pitch Shifter.

The FX section of the REV2 is some of what sets the synth apart from the older P08, so the more varied FX options, the more versatile this beast becomes. Any other FX added will greatly increase the sound design potential, so by all means, if you can DSI; put more of them FX in there!
If you need me, follow the shadows...

LoboLives

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2017, 05:01:42 AM »
Sequencer Midi Out

Transpose the sequencer on the fly WITHOUT having to hold down the record button.

Please and thanks.

joesh

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2017, 11:16:07 AM »
Quite a few good suggestions - just above here #53 is a good idea.

I'd like to see several little changes, some of them just practical things. I'd like to see a button for midi settings ON/OFF. You'd set up your synth for a DAW or whatever (ex: clock/slave, local/off, etc), then just press ON to remember/activate the settings. If you want to make some changes to sounds/settings you just press midi 'OFF'.   

LoboLives

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2017, 02:46:27 PM »
Quite a few good suggestions - just above here #53 is a good idea.

I'd like to see several little changes, some of them just practical things. I'd like to see a button for midi settings ON/OFF. You'd set up your synth for a DAW or whatever (ex: clock/slave, local/off, etc), then just press ON to remember/activate the settings. If you want to make some changes to sounds/settings you just press midi 'OFF'.

I have to say one thing that the P6 and OB6 excel At is the simplicity of its interface because all the global functions like these are literally right there on the front panel.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2017, 03:12:41 AM »
I'm not certain if this is a mistake by DSI or what, but one thing that is constantly annoying me is that if I have a program which is a stacked program, then I want the poly sequencer to record into BOTH LAYERS at the same time... currently, you have to record the same sequence twice, once for each layer which is not only tedious and trivial, but also impossible since it's basically not possible to record them with the same velocity values.

A stacked program are meant to be used as a "single program", so it is only logical that it should play the same sequence with the same velocities.

If I press and hold the "Edit Layer B" button so that it flashes for editing both layers, then I am not able to initiate the record button at all...

Summa Summarum: I'd REALLY like to see the recording being possible when the Edit Layer B button is blinking, storing the played sequence into both layers at the same time.... please. :)

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2017, 08:40:48 AM »
Summa Summarum: I'd REALLY like to see the recording being possible when the Edit Layer B button is blinking, storing the played sequence into both layers at the same time.... please. :)

What about using the function "Copy Seq A to B"?
DSI Prophet Rev2

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2017, 08:50:26 AM »

What about using the function "Copy Seq A to B"?

It's an option yes, but I really think that it should be an automatic thing when the Layer B edit button is blinking... everything else is edited on both layers in this mode...