Feature Requests

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 01:57:00 PM »
Absolutely loving my Rev 2. Only a few days in but it brings a smile to my face every time I turn it on. I find it inspiring and  magical. A few things I've noticed so far.

- Reduce minimum delay time on BBD delay. It would be very useful for me for the minimum time to be shorter than it is. This would open up possibilities for chorus and flange sounds with adjustable feedback, as well as all kinds of other cool stuff.
- I second the notion that an indication of what a knob was set at would be super beneficial when editing a sound. Yes, you can hit show, but I believe that only works right before you've changed the preset value. Also keeping the show button pressed while you're adjusting every parameter is really not ideal. It would be way better to be able to see what the preset value is/was whenever you're adjusting the knob. It seems like there is plenty of room on the screen to fit this info. It would be great if that could be implemented.
- I'm not sure how common this is, but the DX7IIFD I had (traded for Rev 2  ;D) gave you some very interesting options for how the pitch wheel worked. You could set whether the pitch changes were smooth or stepped. Being able to instantly snap a sound up or down an octave is a really fun and musical thing. I miss it. It also gave an option whether the pitch mod effected all notes, just high or low notes, or just ones that currently had their keys depressed. These options would be great additions to the Rev 2.
- If there's any way to give finer control over mod slot depth amounts, as in less than 1, that would be very useful for me. I know there are workarounds using another mod slot to control the thing you're modulating, but finer control would be better and leave mod slots open for other things.

I feel like I'm whining here haha. Just want to say I think this is a wonderful machine. It will be with me for years to come and I couldn't be happier with my choice to get a Rev 2. Just throwing out some ideas here.

dsetto

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 10:42:55 PM »
These are neat ideas. This is not whining.

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 07:23:43 AM »
I'd like to see Osc Slop as a mod source. I want to try sending it to the filters or envelopes as a polyphonic controller. Other polyphonic mod sources would be great also like one of the LFOs perhaps. Something else that would be great is a random value at key on as a mod source like my An1x has. It mildly randomizes your destined parameter with each key press which can be great for adding complexity to a sound and helps keep it fresh.

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 01:42:43 AM »
Hi,

this is the feature i missed instantly on day one when i started exploring my PRO-2 and its the same with the REV2.

You can modulate the frequency of a LFO but only if it is not switched to CLK SYNC.
It would be great if you could modulate ( or control via midi ) a tempo synced LFO.
Instead of changing the frequency number from 0-127 it should change the steps 8Steps 4Steps 2Steps 1.Steps etc...
This could map to a number Range. So that the 16 Step Settings that there are are mapping to a range of 8 Numbers

E.g:
32 Steps =  0-7
16 Steps =  8-15
 8 Steps = 16-23
 6 Steps = 24 - 31
 4 Steps = 32 - 39
 3 Steps = 40 - 47
 2 Steps = 48 - 55
1.5 Steps = 56 - 63
 1 Step = 64 - 71
2/3 Step = 72 - 79
1/2 Step = 80 - 87
1/3 Step = 88 - 95
1/4 Step = 96 - 103
1/6 Step = 104 - 111
1/8 Step = 112 - 119
1/16 Step = 120 - 127

There are many use cases for this. An example would be:
Create a filtered sound, assign LFO with e.g. revers saw to Filter Frequency.
LFO switched to click synced and change the "frequency aka steps" of that LFO.
You get very cool rhythmic patterns.

yes !
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 10:27:42 AM »
These are neat ideas. This is not whining.

Haha thanks! I think I felt bad because my first post after acquiring the Rev 2 was asking for more things, things it can't do, when in actuality I am already very pleased with everything it can do.
Has there been an update for the mod source/dest glitch? Where it only works the first few times you hold the button and move the control you want to select. If not, it would be cool if that could get sorted out.

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 12:54:33 PM »
It would be nice for all the inapplicable lights to shut off during midi use in local off mode and also from inactivity like when the screen goes to sleep. Plus the tempo light when it's not applicable (I.E. the arp/seq aren't running or when the clock section isn't being tinkered with.)

Propheteer

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 02:28:28 AM »
I would like the flashing tempo/tap button/light to be able to be disabled in the menus, it can get a bit annoying flashing away for little reason (even when using it you don't really need to see it) esp if you have it on a desk in front of you / under your monitor. the other lights are fine, the screen goes off, the LFO flashings are great (small) and very welcome. I'm nit picking here but if it's do-able I'd like it!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:30:31 AM by Propheteer »

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 11:36:46 AM »
Yesterday I discovered that the sustain portion of the envelopes are not available as modulation destinations. I wonder why that is...
If there's a reason for this, I'm all ears. However, if not, it would be very useful for me to be able to modulate the sustain of the envelopes! 

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2017, 05:45:59 PM »
Flexible key assignment.
For example, split A is monophonic + split B is 15 polyphonic.
For example, Unison Polyphonics, 4 Voice Unison and 4 Polyphonics.

Effect serial connection.
Prophet6, Prophet12, Prophet REV2, TETRA, PRO2, PRO3,  Moog Minitaur, Moog Mother32, Nord Lead 2x, YAMAHA EX5

jok3r

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2017, 02:27:53 AM »
+1 for two effetcs in a row if not stacked or split...
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 12:16:45 PM »
My only current issue with it (I absolutely love the synth more than any I've had, and it's been a few months) seems rather large to me...I've already stated it here but am curious to see how I'm not hearing others bring it up. Unassignable sustain pedal...it's SO logical to have pads on the left side of a split and leads on the right, but I can't sustain pedal control the pads while modulating my lead? That seems pretty big to me as a live player, to the extent that it necessitates me returning to have an extra board with me at times when in a band setting.

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2017, 01:16:12 PM »
Please - add MPE support on the Rev2.

I support the addition of this feature.

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 01:14:43 PM »
Flexible key assignment.
For example, split A is monophonic + split B is 15 polyphonic.
For example, Unison Polyphonics, 4 Voice Unison and 4 Polyphonics.

Effect serial connection.

So much this. Can someone in the know sound in on if this is even possible with the architecture of the rev2?

As soon as I heard of bitimbral I thought to myself "ok cool, so big full chords on the left side and a single voice lead on the right."

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2017, 08:28:07 AM »

Yes +1 for this, it's very frustrating to spend time programming a great sound, only to have it all disappear because your finger accidentally brushes the program knob when your trying to press the write button - grrrr!

yes indeed, have lost some edited sounds this way too...

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2017, 09:13:25 AM »
Yes +1 for this, it's very frustrating to spend time programming a great sound, only to have it all disappear because your finger accidentally brushes the program knob when your trying to press the write button - grrrr!
+1
DSI Prophet Rev2

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2017, 01:33:29 PM »
It would also be nice if the LFO lights would only be turned on for those that are actively modulating (& thus turned off for those that are not).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:32:05 PM by Sleep of Reason »

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2017, 02:10:56 PM »
It would also be nice if the LFO lights would only be turned on for those that are active (& thus turned off for those that are inactive).
I agree and would like that applied to the Prophet 12 too! :)

LoboLives

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2017, 05:29:55 AM »
Poly Sequencer transpose.

Hold the "Hold" button down, it starts flashing indicating that the sequencer can be transposed by the keys on the fly.

and then do the same for the P6/OB6 sequencers if their OS ever gets updated ;)

Also question, when I assign the pitch of one of the oscillators to the pitch bend wheel at what about should I set the modulation to be so it can be an octave up?

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2017, 11:28:09 PM »
It would also be nice if the LFO lights would only be turned on for those that are active (& thus turned off for those that are inactive).

Very good idea IMO!
DSI Prophet Rev2

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2017, 08:23:08 PM »
- Reduce minimum delay time on BBD delay.

In the meantime you can tempo sync it and turn your tempo all of the way up :)

For what its worth though, I love the BBD time as is. I find the MONO and STEREO Delays to be better for weird modulation stuff anyways.

BBD time is at minimum is like the perfect tempo for me most of the time when I just want a subtle little bit of echo.

Also LFO on delay time (even like a tiny amount of 1-3) is absolutely amazing.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:35:32 PM by philroyjenkins »