Feature Requests

Feature Requests
« on: August 24, 2017, 10:59:14 AM »
REV 2 is gorgeous. I'll just say that from the outset.
Having played with it a little - I've immediately noticed that the following things would be really helpful.

• With 16 voices available, it would be great to be able to have polyphonic unison. A 4 note chord could have 4 detuned and panned voices per note for example. I know I can set this patch up, but to have it easily accessible in Unison would be great.

• Again with Unison, it would be nice to be able to set it up by holding the Unison button down, ΰ la Prophet 6. It seems more intuitive that way.

• Should the Misc Parameters button light up when it's selected ? It looks like there are LEDs inside it but I've never seen them come on. It would be nice if it could, just helps you know where you're at.

• I would love to be able to assign audio outputs per programme. I sometimes use a Vocoder live and in those cases I need to send a Mono output through my EHX V256 pedal. The automatic routing on cable insertion of Panel B to Output 3 is fine for that, but it eliminates the possibility of stereo split or stacked patches through outputs 1&2. Therefore being able to select what panel goes to what output per patch would be really helpful for me.

• When creating a sequence ... It would be nifty for the 16 dials on the auxiliary and amplifier envelope panels to convert to individual encoders for each step. It's a little fiddly and therefore counter-creative to dial through each step one by one.

• When saving a program, it would be good to see the existing name for the destination programme. At the moment I can't tell if I'm going to overwrite a patch I need.

That's it for now. Word, anyone ?

T

x

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:28:29 PM »
Seems like a good start. :)
My Rev2 arrives tomorrow and I'll post if I find anything else.

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 07:40:11 PM »
Well I'm going to keep banging the drum for preset categories.

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 11:58:06 AM »
Hi All

Just got my Rev2 so i thought i give it a go as there are a few things still that should be updated so here is my wish list , feel free to add REALISTIC Os updates only !! thanks :)

1. Sub oscillator volume is way to low (not sure if it's just my model but it's like half the volume of the DCO.)

2. Pan Split option in ''Misc menu'' to switch off alternate PAN ( from the PAN knob ) and instead by default Pan left Sound A and Pan Right Sound B by the Pan Knob. (without having to use a MOD Matrix slot)

3.Poly UNISON mode (reducing notes the more notes are played)

4.Saving Patches with EDIT A+B enabled and would recall the patch with it enabled (blinking light) Very useful !!!

5.LOCAL OFF is still absolute Useless CR*P !!! (in Both Rev2 and Pro2 i own) Please fire up a Korg , Roland or Yamaha product to see how it should behave ( It should only disconnect Keyboard )

6. Save Patches with Transpose setting that was selected.

That's all from me for now :)

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 05:38:04 AM »
Please - add MPE support on the Rev2.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 08:52:31 AM »
3 and 6 will do for me too)

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 05:05:00 AM »
• When creating a sequence ... It would be nifty for the 16 dials on the auxiliary and amplifier envelope panels to convert to individual encoders for each step. It's a little fiddly and therefore counter-creative to dial through each step one by one.

Top idea that - it has my vote!

My addition to the list: If the current patch has been edited, there's a prompt on the screen to ask if you want to lose your edits before changing patches should the Program or Bank knobs be turned.   
DSI: P12M, Rev2-16.  Roland: JV-2080, JX-03, JU-06, JP-08, TR-08, TR-09, Moog Subsequent 37, Alesis QSR, E-Mu Proteus 2000, Novation Mininova, Yamaha Reface DX, Marshall JMP-1, Boss GX-700, Oberheim GM 400, mostly Yamaha guitars apart from a Fender Telecaster.  Oh, and lots of cables.

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 04:22:46 PM »
My addition to the list: If the current patch has been edited, there's a prompt on the screen to ask if you want to lose your edits before changing patches should the Program or Bank knobs be turned.

Yes +1 for this, it's very frustrating to spend time programming a great sound, only to have it all disappear because your finger accidentally brushes the program knob when your trying to press the write button - grrrr!

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 02:20:31 PM »
The ARP MODE button could switch between different types of arp.

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 08:18:16 AM »
Chorus delay line is to high , there is audible and very noticable delay between ths osc sounding fitrst and chorus kicking in a few mili-seconds later, should be reduced.

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »
Some kind of sign in the display (maybe a point or something like this) when values are on original settings would be great.
IMac Mid 2013, Cubase 9Pro, Prophet Rev 2 8voice

Propheteer

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 01:05:43 PM »
"• When saving a program, it would be good to see the existing name for the destination programme. At the moment I can't tell if I'm going to overwrite a patch I need."

I second this, I can only test by ear if it's one of my patches at the moment which is frustrating! Definitely needs this!

I also second poly unison mode, can make some awesome sounds with that (even on the 8 voice in 2 note unison per voice).

Arpegiator beat sync. Goes without saying. All arps should have that or they are almost useless for many things (nothing to do with playing/changing in time either it's about feel and playability)

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 04:03:58 PM »
Seeing the existing name for the destination program already exists! Use the Compare button to swap back and forth between your current program and the destination program. You can see (and hear) what you're about to overwrite. Read more about Compare on page 3 of the Rev2 manual, and comparing before you save on page 5.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Propheteer

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 09:12:42 PM »
Seeing the existing name for the destination program already exists! Use the Compare button to swap back and forth between your current program and the destination program. You can see (and hear) what you're about to overwrite. Read more about Compare on page 3 of the Rev2 manual, and comparing before you save on page 5.

Was this updated in the latest firmware? I've not updated yet but was going to very soon, I wouldn't have asked for the feature if the above was true for me, I already use the compare button extensively to check the audio/sound of the patch or I'd not be able to 'test by ear' as I'd said. At the FW it arrived on at least, when I press compare, no matter how many times and no matter on which patch I move to overwrite, the name remains the same as the current patch/edited patch in progress.

Furthermore on that page you mention it doesn't say anything about 'seeing' the name, only about 'hearing' the patch you are about to over-write!

Comparing Before You Save
Before saving a program to a new location, it’s a good idea to listen to the
program in the target location to make sure you really want to overwrite it.
To evaluate a program before you overwrite it:
1. Get ready to save by pressing the write button. It starts flashing.
2. Press the compare button. Its LED lights up.
3. Use the bank and program knobs to navigate to the sound you want to
compare and play the keyboard to hear the sound.
4. To disable the compare function and go back to the edited sound, press
the compare button again to turn it off. (Programs can’t be written
while in compare mode.)
5. If you want to save the edited sound, the write button is still flashing
and ready to save, so navigate to a location with the bank and program
knobs and press write. The sound is saved.
6. Alternatively, if you want to cancel saving and continue editing, press
the global button. Saving is canceled.

Have already read the cover from end to end (in fact before I even bought the synth) and I try to avoid noob errors that would normally be in the manual. As said, if it's in a newer FW then cool and glad you added it already if so!

Propheteer

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 08:42:55 AM »

As my last post above, no. I've just updated to latest FW and it still doesn't do this! Not sure why you think it does?

dsetto

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 09:24:24 AM »
Early on, I tried the compare function as explained in the manual. In that one trial, I believe it functioned as the manual explained. This was with an early OS, before OS updates were released.

Propheteer

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 09:41:22 AM »
Yes it does function exactly as the manual explains, i.e just sound no writing! lol

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 08:03:40 PM »

If you download the demo version of the Prophet Rev2 Editor you will see that the library is categorized. It is worth downloading the demo version to see other "architectural" aspects of the digital layers.

BTW- I agree with everything said here. Also would like to have an option to use the matrix between layers A and B. A "PHASE" knob would be great. Controlling the phase of oscillators 1 and 2 (especially when synced) would boost the control of oscillators' every aspect. Phase adjustment can tune, increase amplitude, change the shape, and change how the result will respond to other modulation. (FYI-The "Shape Mod" does not adjust the wave's phase.)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:19:15 PM by AngelSynth »

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 12:41:57 PM »

If you download the demo version of the Prophet Rev2 Editor you will see that the library is categorized.
Seeing how well it's implemented in Soundtower, there's really no excuse for why it's not a feature.

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 12:42:54 AM »
Hi,

this is the feature i missed instantly on day one when i started exploring my PRO-2 and its the same with the REV2.

You can modulate the frequency of a LFO but only if it is not switched to CLK SYNC.
It would be great if you could modulate ( or control via midi ) a tempo synced LFO.
Instead of changing the frequency number from 0-127 it should change the steps 8Steps 4Steps 2Steps 1.Steps etc...
This could map to a number Range. So that the 16 Step Settings that there are are mapping to a range of 8 Numbers

E.g:
32 Steps =  0-7
16 Steps =  8-15
 8 Steps = 16-23
 6 Steps = 24 - 31
 4 Steps = 32 - 39
 3 Steps = 40 - 47
 2 Steps = 48 - 55
1.5 Steps = 56 - 63
 1 Step = 64 - 71
2/3 Step = 72 - 79
1/2 Step = 80 - 87
1/3 Step = 88 - 95
1/4 Step = 96 - 103
1/6 Step = 104 - 111
1/8 Step = 112 - 119
1/16 Step = 120 - 127

There are many use cases for this. An example would be:
Create a filtered sound, assign LFO with e.g. revers saw to Filter Frequency.
LFO switched to click synced and change the "frequency aka steps" of that LFO.
You get very cool rhythmic patterns.
DSI PRO2 | DSI Prophet Rev2 | Volca Bass | Volca FM | Teisco SX 400 | Alesis Quadrasynth | Roland D-50 | Ableton Live | Ableton Push | Novation Remote 49 SL MKII | Motu UltraLite AVB |Motu Micro Lite