How to generate Sine wave?

How to generate Sine wave?
« on: August 17, 2017, 07:03:37 AM »
What settings make sine wave?

Re: How to generate Sine wave?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 09:09:15 AM »
There is no sine wave option in the oscillator section, but you can produce a sine wave with the help of the self-oscillating filter. Just turn on the 4 pole setting, turn the resonance knob fully clockwise, and set the key amount to a value of 64, which will cause the filter to be tracked in half-step increments from the keyboard. You will have to tune the actual pitch with the cutoff knob. To make sure the self-oscillating filter is tuned to the standard setting of one of the oscillators, you can fade in and out the resonance until you achieved the same pitch. The latter is necessary, as the self-oscillating filter will drown out the pure oscillator sound. Another option for tuning would be to simply switch between layers A and B in order to compare pitches.

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 11:43:50 AM »
Thank you very much! I'll try!

chysn

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 07:44:53 PM »
Has filter tracking been improved in the Rev2? Back in my Mopho days, I tried mightily to thread the tracking needle, and couldn't get more than maybe a one-octave range in somewhat reasonable tune. I remember wishing there was a 63.5 setting.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 03:16:36 AM »
Similar issue with my P6. Getting the filters to track accurately and be in tune is voodo! But then it always was! Lol the big disappointment on the P6 was that the filter cutoff is not continuously variable. Instead it is quantised and the stepping this causes can really frustrate trying to tune it. Wonder if it's the same on the Rev2.
In the end you have to assume DSI didn't intend people to use the p6 filter as a tuned oscillator. Which would be almost ok except the P6 is it doesn't produce clean triangle waves, there's always some harmonic buzz. This means that trying to get even close to a sine wave (IE a triangle wave) isn't possible with actually using the filter to cutoff the higher harmonics. Shame Does the Rev2 produce clean triangle waves?
Big synth stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkR38XLkFear5Sf9QypQvA
| Kurzweil Forte | Casio Privia PX 5s | Nord Electro 3 73 | Studiologic Sledge Black| Roland Juno Di | DSI Prophet 6 | Oberheim DPX 1 | EMU Esi 4000 | 2 x Yamaha Tx7 |

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 01:14:03 PM »
Hi,
It has been a while and you probably found a solution but I'll post it anyways for all the guys like me googling that question.
If you turn the oscillators down, set the resonance to maximum, set key amount and audio amount both to 64 and modulate the audio amount with note number(amount 127) you get a rather stable sine wave.
I actually learnd this from looking into a present("FMing" it's somewhere on bank 1)