Feature request: init template

Feature request: init template
« on: January 01, 2016, 05:51:21 PM »
The main reason I bought the Prophet 6 is the vintage aspect of it.
I just love the sound of synths from the 70's and 80's, and this sound is definitely achieveable using the Prophet 6.
However, each time I want to make a new program I find myself doing the same initial steps over and over again:

1) Make an init program, so as to have a clean slate.
2) Turn the slop up about 25%
3) Turn the distortion up a little bit
4) Turn panning off.
5) Etc....

My feature request would be this:
Make it possible to save a default init program. This would enable me to save the above mentioned adjustments, save them to the init patch. The next time I need to make a program from "scratch", I just press the key combination for the init patch, and I'm already there: 25% slop, distortion up, etc.
Of course there would need to be a way to reset this init (template) program.

I'm already aware the above would be achieveable saving the template to a user program, and just using this as a starting point each time I want to make a new sound.
I just think a designated spot for a custom template, requiring a minimum of key presses, would be even better.

Re: Feature request: init template
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 07:31:46 AM »
That would be a great feature. A customized init patch.

I suppose you could save your init patch as an actual user preset and use that as a start point for all your programming - just have to remember not to overwrite it, though. Plus it does take up a user preset too.

Re: Feature request: init template
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 08:28:52 AM »
Yes, just save your template as a preset, and put it in a location you can remember, like 000.  You will still have 499 other locations.

Done-

-dj