Bandcamp link for Antronica 2 (with heaping globs of DSI, I assure!)

Hi gang - I sent a PM to Sacred Synthesis before posting this, as I wasn't sure about the etiquette of posting music for sale here. He encouraged me to go ahead, so I shall...

I'm releasing an album called Antronica 2, which you might guess is my second collection of all-synth'd material. This second edition includes a handful of tracks I recorded as a teen on 4-track. I think these tracks have held up quite well, hence their inclusion. There are also many newer songs and instrumentals and a selection of electronic remakes of previously "normal" tracks. I did post one of these remakes on the forum a while back in Your Music. I'd done two versions of a song, one using only Prophet 6 and one with only Juno 6. The final, best-of-both version is on my new album.

Anyway, it's a very DSI/Sequential-friendly collection of material. The Pro One was my first ever synth and I ended up with a rev2 Prophet 5 soon after. These days I also use a desktop Evolver and the Prophet 6. My own P5 is long gone, but my girlfriend has a rev3 that once belonged to Terry Riley(!). Um, anyway - I know that a couple people here on the forum have expressed interest in my music, and given that this particular album is the result of a near-lifetime obsession with synths, I'm hoping it makes sense to post a link to the Bandcamp page. I wrote a little bit for each song, describing who I was ripping off (Gary Numan here, Ultravox there, Brian Eno everywhere etc) and I list the gear best I can remember for each track. I mean, there's no way for me to hear the difference in filters between my P5 and my girlfriend's, as my old rev 3 was recorded onto 4-track cassette and all the contemporary stuff I'm doing is in Pro Tools. But it is curious to be living between my own P6 and the P5, for example.

I generally wouldn't think the DSI forum is a place to push my wares. This particular record feels an exception for all the rambling reasons above! Thanks for reading, and I hope some of you might check out the Bandcamp page. Thank you...
Ant

https://antonbarbeau.bandcamp.com/album/antronica-2

chysn

Re: Bandcamp link for Antronica 2 (with heaping globs of DSI, I assure!)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 12:00:31 PM »
Pre-ordered and looking forward to it!
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Re: Bandcamp link for Antronica 2 (with heaping globs of DSI, I assure!)
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 12:16:11 PM »
Pre-ordered and looking forward to it!

Cool! Thank you. I hope you enjoy it. If nothing else, it seems to work as a never-ending synth saga. I'd even forgotten that the album contains a difficult stumble into the DX-7 years!