Do Rev2 patches work on 08?

Do Rev2 patches work on 08?
« on: August 14, 2017, 08:30:57 AM »
I have a Prophet 08 and it is my favourite instrument. I am giving real consideration to the Rev 2 and have heard nothing but good things.

I am trying to get my options together, I am aware that Prophet 08 patches are transferable to the Rev 2 - so if I go from 08 to Rev 2 I will not lose any patches.

Another option I have is to keep both the 08 and the Rev 2. However if I did this is it possible to transfer patches from the Rev 2 to the 08?

Re: Do Rev2 patches work on 08?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 08:58:47 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum. Patch transfer between the P08 and the Rev2 only works in one direction: P08 -> Rev2.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 09:29:40 AM »
Hi, thanks for the welcome! And thanks for the answer too - probably a money-saving answer to be honest :)

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 09:23:54 PM »
not sure what that quip means about "money saver", but this question was asked prior to you joining this forum, and the response was there are more finer controls on the REV2 than the P8 so building a patch from scratch on the REV2 will not translate properly over to the P8 due to this.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 11:25:02 PM »
not sure what that quip means about "money saver", but this question was asked prior to you joining this forum, and the response was there are more finer controls on the REV2 than the P8 so building a patch from scratch on the REV2 will not translate properly over to the P8 due to this.

Money saving means that he can buy rev 2 and sell P8 as opposed to keeping both   ;D

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 07:33:05 AM »
The only equivalent I can think of was the Tetra's ability to export programs in P'08 format (ignoring the sub osc and feedback features). Of course, the differences between the P'08 and Tetra are much fewer than between P'08 and Rev 2.

I've had some success manually copying parameter values from Rev 2 to P'08, although most Rev 2 programs use at least some of the new features, so it's difficult, if not impossible, to get them to sound close.