How to change programs smoothly during one song?

How to change programs smoothly during one song?
« on: August 13, 2017, 11:43:26 AM »
Every time I change the program that has long release to other program, the sound changes but the note keeps playing and it makes the transition between two programs bad. Is there any possibility to change that behaviour to make smooth transition between two programs (to reset ADSR when program changes)? How do people use this synth on live performances when they have to change programs many times during one song? (sorry for my english)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:55:59 AM by nitromouse »

Re: How to change programs smoothly during one song?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 01:21:44 AM »
Every time I change the program that has long release to other program, the sound changes but the note keeps playing and it makes the transition between two programs bad. Is there any possibility to change that behaviour to make smooth transition between two programs (to reset ADSR when program changes)? How do people use this synth on live performances when they have to change programs many times during one song? (sorry for my english)

workaround: turn down the release knob before changing program
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 03:19:29 AM »
Doesn't help! Effects and other things keep running. And when I change the program without touching keyboard I hear the "tsch!" sound that is louder then the sound of release from previous program. I just want all sounds to stop when I change a program. Is it possible?

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 02:04:30 AM »
Doesn't help! Effects and other things keep running. And when I change the program without touching keyboard I hear the "tsch!" sound that is louder then the sound of release from previous program. I just want all sounds to stop when I change a program. Is it possible?

you are right ... then itīs not possible at the moment, at least I donīt know a solution for that ... perhaps a firmware update can offer an option like "kill sound at changing patch" on/off

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 01:04:12 PM »
That would be great feature! And I think it should be one the basic features of REV2

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 12:59:44 PM »
I found a solution: 1.Create "silent" program with attack, decay, sustain, release set to 0. 2. Use this "silent" program to mute all sounds from previous program and then switch to the program you want to play next. With a help of midi controller it should be nice solution

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 02:32:36 AM »
I found a solution: 1.Create "silent" program with attack, decay, sustain, release set to 0. 2. Use this "silent" program to mute all sounds from previous program and then switch to the program you want to play next. With a help of midi controller it should be nice solution

glad to hear you found a solution