Is anyone integrating the tempest in an Ableton live-centered setup?

As someone may have noticed from a previous post of mine here, I am encountering some issues connecting my Tempest to ableton live.

I am still trying to figure out what would be best: Tempest as slave or Master?

1) One thing I noticed is that if is set to slave I am no longer able to manually select a beat on the tempest while in 16 beats mode: am I right? this would make sense (maybe.. or maybe not) but I wanted to be sure.

2) Flange issue: notes sound like are triggered at least twice at the same instant: someone suggested to assign a voice to the specific sound but that did not solve the problem. Combined with point 1 makes tempest unusable as slave.

if anyone is successfully using a tempest in its ableton setup (and I really hope so) I would love to learn from your experience! ^_^

RobH

Re: Is anyone integrating the tempest in an Ableton live-centered setup?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 07:19:42 PM »
Make sure your not triggering the sound twice. Try initialising the sound and is it still flanging? Delete any sequence stored on the Tempest. If you press record and you are running midi into the Tempest it can record incoming notes onto the sequencer making it so when you play later it's being triggered twice once from DAW and once from sequencer. If your recording some patterns on whilst running some midi from DAW this maybe your issue. Delete any sequence is it still happening? This is my only guess as to why your experiencing flanging if you've assigned a voice.

Beats of course can still be changed manually when slaved to abelton.

I use abelton slaved every day it works really well. Make sure your abelton midi out preferences are set properly track and sync OUT should both be on.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:23:00 PM by RobH »

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 12:03:10 AM »
Thanks for your reply.
I had alteady tried and double ckecked all you suggested, with no results. Then I noticed that when I launch live or logic, the light of midi port 3 (tempest one) shows IN activity, and it's always on. If I quit the daw issue disappears

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 12:23:07 AM »
Disregard my last reply, It was just the tempest clock going out

RobH

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 07:15:43 AM »
Disregard my last reply, It was just the tempest clock going out

I feel its probably user error somewhere unless you are on old firmware that has erroneus bugs still in it.

Are you running the latest firmware?

If you are running midi in and out at the same time, its possible there is a loop so all your midi gets sent in and out?

Turn midi IN off completely. Does this remedy anything?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 07:18:28 AM by RobH »