Arpeggiator/sequencer beat sync?

drxcm

Re: Arpeggiator/sequencer beat sync?
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2018, 05:51:47 PM »
I see Pro 2 now has arp beat sync - any chance this is coming to the Prophet 6 too?  Pleaaaase!!?

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2018, 06:41:19 AM »
the pro 2 has beat sync now! now we only need it for the p12, rev2, p6 and ob6 and my life is LOVE

*although i will soon find more things to complain about. you guys at DSI are doing an amazing job! thank you for all the work you are doing with your synths! past and present <3

LoboLives

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2018, 09:26:09 AM »
They said it’s in the works.

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2018, 12:41:35 PM »
Good to know it's in the works. I was about to make a Max for Live patch to delay incoming notes, but I prefer being lazy and just wait then !

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2018, 12:50:45 PM »
So the beat sync only works with an incomming clock signal?

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2018, 06:34:47 AM »
So the beat sync only works with an incomming clock signal?

The Beat Sync as it stands works perfectly with an incoming clock into the Sequencer jack (and the global menu setting: "Sequencer Jack: Trigger").

Mine's hooked up to my KeyStep's Sync Out jack (which is configured as the master clock; it's also sending out MIDI clock to other devices).

Gerne

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2021, 08:39:02 AM »
and what about Prophet 08? Any suggestion about how to do it? As far as I know there´s no any implementation for this model. It looks like the ugly duckling of sequential..  :(

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2022, 05:29:55 AM »
So... does this work with gated sequencer as well?

Beat sync quantizes your performance from the keyboard, and whether or not to include such a behavior is actually a bit of a philosophical question.

Are you all aware that you can "clock" the arp and poly sequencer from the sequencer jack in the Prophet Rev2 (the P6/OB-6 and PDJ AS-1 also feature the sequencer jack)? This is achieve with any 0-5 VDC signal with a sharp transient edge, such as the trigger out from another synth/drum machine, a rimshot or similar sound from a drum machine that has individual voice outs, or an "analog" clock pulse from the eurorack world or some other piece of gear that features such an output. There are also dedicated devices out there that will convert MIDI clock to trigger pluses, like some of the Kenton boxes or the Future Retro Swynx.

When triggered in this manner, the arp/poly sequencer will always be perfectly in sync with the pulse received at the sequencer jack (with the global setting for the jack set to "trigger").