Rev2 expansion kit issues

Rev2 expansion kit issues
« on: December 23, 2018, 04:02:16 PM »
The card seemed to be defective right after installation, but I'm starting to think I didnt press it down hard enough. Before pressing right onto the circuitry of a 20k synth: Is it a firm press om each connection point to make snug, or a good ol' bit of weight on it until it snaps into place?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Rev2 expansion kit issues
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 04:11:05 PM »
Make sure the board is perfectly alligned before you press it! ... Then press directlt where you can see the connectors are soldered to the board, but swap between pressing each of them a little bit so you do not bend any connectors... The easiest are the connectors on the sides and top since these seems to have screws holding the underlying main board in place so it does not bend... Be more careful with the bottom connector... Pressing on this will bend the underlying mainboard, and the keyboard is so close you cannot brace the mainboard from beneath while pressing the cpnnector in...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Re: Rev2 expansion kit issues
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 04:50:13 AM »
The card seemed to be defective right after installation, but I'm starting to think I didnt press it down hard enough. Before pressing right onto the circuitry of a 20k synth: Is it a firm press om each connection point to make snug, or a good ol' bit of weight on it until it snaps into place?

I hate to tell you this mate, but I think you grossly overpaid for your Rev2 😜