Issue with "Next Program" Key on P12 after a year of usage

Issue with "Next Program" Key on P12 after a year of usage
« on: August 07, 2017, 07:22:26 AM »
Hey, I'm experiencing issues with the "Next Program" key on the Prophet 12 (bought it new around a year ago).

When pressing the key it happens more and more that either nothing is happening, or it executes two times at once skipping one program in the process...  :-\ Has anyone else experienced this issue and might it be something that can be fixed easily?

Re: Issue with "Next Program" Key on P12 after a year of usage
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 08:58:35 PM »
I am having same issue with different button. Mine is number "2".

I tried hit 02 and sometimes it goes to 22. Should be easy fix if I send my synth to Dsi but since i moved back to S. Korea dont know what to do

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 11:17:54 PM »
I think I remember they are meant to be self cleaning buttons, you could try repeatedly pressing the button say 50 times in a row to see if it sorts the problem.

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 02:18:08 AM »
I have this problem too, I notified DSI and they sent a couple of new tact switches to me , I opened my P12 up to replace the old ones but I think you'd need to be a pro to get the old ones unsoldered and the new ones in without causing any damage, so I still have the same problem.

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 02:20:38 PM »
BobTheDog is correct. Press the button *hard* 50-100 times and see if usability improves. If not, contact our dedicated support channel and we'll help you out: support (at) davesmithinstruments.com

We're also happy to help you replace the switches if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, just contact support!
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 02:21:46 PM »
BobTheDog is correct. Press the button *hard* 50-100 times and see if usability improves. If not, contact our dedicated support channel and we'll help you out: support (at) davesmithinstruments.com

We're also happy to help you replace the switches if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, just contact support!

Thanks, I actually tried this a few minutes ago and it looks like it resolved the issue!  :)

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 09:13:45 AM »
Thanks, I actually tried this a few minutes ago and it looks like it resolved the issue!  :)

That's great to know, never heard of a self cleaning button!  I'll keep this in mind if I ever run into this problem  ;)
Mutiny in Jonestown, Progressive Rock Since 1987:

Bandcamp: https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/