Rev 2 Flickering display screen?

Rev 2 Flickering display screen?
« on: September 03, 2017, 05:19:28 PM »
I press the "record" button in the sequencer section and the display screen start flickering, I'm unable to create a new sequence. any had this?

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=1405683

I've linked to a download of a short video.

Andy.

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
Re: Rev 2 Flickering display screen?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 10:39:03 PM »
I press the "record" button in the sequencer section and the display screen start flickering, I'm unable to create a new sequence. any had this?

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=1405683

I've linked to a download of a short video.

Andy.
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum. I haven't noticed any flickering of the display. Whatever I am doing, like programming the sequencer, the display is rock solid and crystal clear  (I have the 8 voice version). I suggest you email DSI support as soon as possible, it should not do this. They are very responsive and helpful.

Good luck.
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 07:39:35 AM »
I'll message them now. Cheers for the reply.

Andy.

Propheteer

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 01:01:44 PM »
Rock solid display here, sounds like a dodgy connection either between the power to the screen or the ribbon/carbon connector that sends the displayable data to it.

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
Hi Andy,

i have the same problem with the sequencer when i press the "record" button... Did you get an answer from DSI support?

Greetings from Germany!

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 05:25:15 PM »
Hi Andy,

i have the same problem with the sequencer when i press the "record" button... Did you get an answer from DSI support?

Greetings from Germany!

Alright mate, well I switched it off and then on again and went through all the presets and the sequencer worked on nearly all of them, so I sort of thought the problem went away and totally forgot about talking to the DSI support, but it's only now I've noticed on certain presets the problem now has returned. Anyway, I've not messaged them because I believed the problem had gone away. I'll get on this now and post any reply. if we both do the might look into it quicker.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 05:39:16 PM »
Rock solid display here, sounds like a dodgy connection either between the power to the screen or the ribbon/carbon connector that sends the displayable data to it.

It is well built I can't fault it at all. well apart from this, however, I've messaged support and will post the reply.