Using mod source button multiple times on same source

kobuz

Using mod source button multiple times on same source
« on: August 09, 2017, 03:46:14 AM »
First of all, I'm very happy with the rev2 and the easy way of working.  ;D

What I've noticed several times now is the following:
- Select mod 1 and use mod source button to 'learn' the source. For example: hold the source button down and turn LFO 1 amount. LFO1 will be set as source.
- Now select mod 2 and try again. It doesn't work, altough it is possible to choose LFO1 as source via the parameter and value buttons. Therefore I would expect it should also be able to work again via the source button.

Is this a bug? Or is there a reason why it works like this? It's not a mind boggling problem for me, but was wondering whether it can/should be fixed.

Re: Using mod source button multiple times on same source
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 09:21:05 AM »
I've noticed this too. I've found a strange workaround though I haven't tested it on make situations.

The issue happens for me when I switch to a blank mod alot and try to re assign to a source that exist on another slot. If I were to stay in the original slot, however, and try to re-assign, it creates a new slot with the same source.

aeonn

Re: Using mod source button multiple times on same source
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 03:11:32 AM »
Hi, I also experience that quite often when creating my modulations.

What I noticed is the same as Kobuz : if I select my first modulation source (with the source button held down) it works and the tweaked knob becomes the modulation source.
But if I want to assign another modulation slot to the same source, the source "learn" function doesn't work.
Let's say I have the mod 1 : source [modwheel] => destination [filter cutoff]
If I want the mod wheel to be assigned to the resonance as well, the shortcut consisting in holding the source button and moving the destination doesn't do anything. However, if I move the pitch bend it works.
And then I can move the mod wheel again and it works.

It seems like choosing another source overrides the issue by resetting the shortcut. But it's an extra step that kills the intuitiveness of the so called shortcut.