MIDI out from Sequencer or Arpeggiator?

MIDI out from Sequencer or Arpeggiator?
« on: August 06, 2017, 02:43:22 PM »
Can the Mopho Keyboard send MIDI out from its sequencer or arpeggiator?  Mine isn't doing this (my old Pulse can output its arp) but maybe I'm missing some setting.  If it did, I could slave other synths and layer them, record the sequence to a DAW and do all manner of wicked things.

Lord Pink

chysn

Re: MIDI out from Sequencer or Arpeggiator?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 07:16:37 PM »
The Mopho sequencer cannot send MIDI. It affects the oscillator(s) directly as a modulation source.

The arpeggiator does not send MIDI because that would interfere with playback. Consider what would happen if you activated the arpeggiator, recorded some MIDI data by holding down a chord with the arpeggiator synced to external clock, and then played the recorded data back... if individual notes were transmitted and recorded, the playback would be really weird if the arpeggiator was still on.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 05:41:37 AM »
I've bricked a sequencer trying to do just that once.  Forgot to turn off the MIDI out on my XTk's arp when recording to my Q80.  Those note when around and around until the old Kawai just said "enough" and died.  I miss that sequencer....

chysn

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 08:17:15 AM »
I've bricked a sequencer trying to do just that once.  Forgot to turn off the MIDI out on my XTk's arp when recording to my Q80.  Those note when around and around until the old Kawai just said "enough" and died.  I miss that sequencer....

I'm sure it died of some other simultaneous condition. A sequencer dying of a MIDI loop is pretty much literally not possible. But it must have sounded pretty cool while it was happening.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 01:44:11 AM »

I'm sure it died of some other simultaneous condition. A sequencer dying of a MIDI loop is pretty much literally not possible. But it must have sounded pretty cool while it was happening.

Hmm, since that happened I have been always so worried about flooding a device.  The QY700 I replaced the Q80 with has a message when it's queue limit is reached and stops running.  I thought after seeing it that Yamaha must have put in a safeguard against frying from MIDI loops.
Well, sorta good news, heheh.