Alt Tuning files not loading

wetfood

Alt Tuning files not loading
« on: August 06, 2017, 01:05:25 AM »
I love my Prophet 6.

But I gotta say, working with the alt-tuning has been nothing if not maddening. It shouldn't be this hard to get a scale into a synth.

When I first got the P6, nobody could tell me how to load .syx mts tunings into the 16 slots (not even tech support). So I set out to figure it out and after weeks of trial and error, got it working thanks to the help of a pro who designs scale editing software and hardware.

Seems that one of the recent OS updates (not sure which) has killed the ability to drop scales in. Perhaps it's just my unit. Can anyone out there verify if they can get user microtonal scales into their instrument? Was working ok for me, and now nothing.

I've figured out a couple of ways to designate the slot number. You can use a hex editor, such as hexfiend, and edit the .syx file manually, or you can use a piece of software (not free) for mac called CSE (custom scale editor) which lets you create scales and save the file with the intended slot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated   :)

wetfood

Re: Alt Tuning files not loading
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 01:51:34 AM »
Ok, got it..

Had to reset the global parameters. Now it's working again  ;D

CJV

Re: Alt Tuning files not loading
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 05:18:58 PM »
Thank you oh thank you!

I have a prophet 12 desk module and the global reset did the trick!!! I am a windows user and I do have a copy of CSE (custom scale editor) and saved the sysex with the intended slot (I rep[laced 19 edo with 17 edo) and then used midiox to send it to my synth. It took the global reset to make the new tuning show.