Possible to restore Tempest's preset beats?

Possible to restore Tempest's preset beats?
« on: August 04, 2017, 04:33:36 PM »
Hey guys.

Just got the Tempest yesterday and first thing I did was to install the 4 most up to date OS files via sysex.

After that, I decided to do a full factory reset to clear all the old saved material from the guy I got it off.

I did the 'reset system parameters', thinking it would erase all user-added content and revert the Tempest back to factory state. The issue I have is that by doing so, it also erased all the preset drum beats that the Tempest ships with. 

Each pad of each of the '16 beats' just says 'basic' on them. 

I'd really like to get em back on just to cut my teeth with while I get used to the workflow.

I've tried re-installing the four OS sysex files, but the beats are all still blank.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Re: Possible to restore Tempest's preset beats?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 10:50:18 AM »
Hey guys.

Just got the Tempest yesterday and first thing I did was to install the 4 most up to date OS files via sysex.

After that, I decided to do a full factory reset to clear all the old saved material from the guy I got it off.

I did the 'reset system parameters', thinking it would erase all user-added content and revert the Tempest back to factory state. The issue I have is that by doing so, it also erased all the preset drum beats that the Tempest ships with. 

Each pad of each of the '16 beats' just says 'basic' on them. 

I'd really like to get em back on just to cut my teeth with while I get used to the workflow.

I've tried re-installing the four OS sysex files, but the beats are all still blank.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

hi brendon, I am in exactly the same situation although I haven't initialized/deleted anything yet. I think i want to follow your footsteps and put things back to a good starting point. Did this all work out the way intended?
thanks