mopho or tetra

mopho or tetra
« on: August 03, 2017, 05:27:04 PM »
Why is it much more interesting to polychain a mopho with a tetra than to do same with another mopho?

I would think since a mopho dt has the same architecture as a mopho kb , to polychain those would be the logical impulse? How is it that a tetra is a better match?

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
Re: mopho or tetra
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 11:13:40 PM »
I would think that the Tetra being polyphonic and multi-timbrel that would be why.  Four voices is okay, but I do think six is the magic number, hence why I'm quietly looking at a second Tetra.

chysn

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 04:52:17 AM »
Tetra and Mopho Keyboard have programmable feedback gain, whereas Mopho Desktop does not. So if you've got a Mopho Keyboard, a Tetra would be a slightly closer match, which can be important for poly-chain. Also, of course, four voices.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 04:54:19 AM »
Interesting, I didn't know there was a voice architecture difference between the Mopho module and keyboard versions.

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 01:48:41 PM »
It's really just a parameter control difference, i.e. Feedback Gain is controlled by analog potentiometer on the Mopho Desktop vs. a digital pot on the Mopho Keyboard and Tetra. So, they do all have the same voice architecture but as chysn points out, that particular parameter isn't able to be saved with the program on the Mopho Desktop.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 12:59:21 AM »
OK, thanks