Prophet Rev2 MIDI signal issues

Prophet Rev2 MIDI signal issues
« on: July 30, 2017, 03:37:30 PM »
I somehow managed to fix it once before but cannot for the life of me figure out what the issue is. I have my Rev2 plugged into my computer via USB, but I cannot send MIDI signal to my computer or DAW. The synth will receive MIDI data, but I cannot use it as a MIDI controller in Ableton for some reason. Is there an issue with my unit? Or maybe someone else has encountered similar problems.

Re: Prophet Rev2 MIDI signal issues
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 03:41:09 PM »
I am using Ableton Live 9 Suite, my Rev2 is plugged into a Scarlett 2i2 to my monitors and I have the synth plugged into my computer via USB. Any help is appreciated.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 04:08:59 PM »
I was able to get it to work after changing the MIDI Parameter Send/Receive to "CC" instead of "NRPN" and restarting the unit after I had opened my DAW.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 12:52:25 PM »
Ahh, the old CC or NRPN switch, that got me too. (OB6 Module)

Just wondering, now that you have it set to transmit "CCs" instead of "NRPNs"...Do all the knobs on the Rev2 send CCs? Curious because some of DSI's other synths can only send CCs from "certain" knobs. However, all the knobs can send NRPNs. I'm using NRPN here and had some initial hipcups but everything is working great now.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 12:54:10 PM by Chimponaut »
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 02:43:31 PM »
We adhere to the MIDI spec for CCs. Many more parameters exist in our synths today beyond the limited number of available CCs, and because we adhere to the spec we do not reuse CCs. This is why every param on the synth has an NRPN but only some parameters have a CC assigned.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 05:16:51 PM »
I was able to get it to work after changing the MIDI Parameter Send/Receive to "CC" instead of "NRPN" and restarting the unit after I had opened my DAW.

Thanks, you're the man! I've been trying for ages to get the parameters to work and never once thought of the simple solution of restarting the darn thing. Doh!

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 03:57:25 PM »
Go to global > 11. MIDI out Select > change from Midi to USB this should fix your problem.