Strange behavior

Strange behavior
« on: July 30, 2017, 07:57:10 AM »
Hi community. Yesterday I had a very strange problem with the rev 2. Some of the keys won't play sound, then they did and again didn't. Patches sounded different, very low in volume and sounded that only the fx were audible. I couldn't swap presets and the start sequence in the oled looked different. After three or four restarts everything seems to be normal again. I have a bad feeling now regarding my rev 2 and the hardware. I have the 8voice with latest firmware installed. I already contacted support. Has anyone experienced problems like I described? Cheers, Gernot
IMac Mid 2013, Cubase 9Pro, Prophet Rev 2 8voice

Re: Strange behavior
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 12:11:57 AM »
Hi. I just want to let you know that that the problems I experienced were the result of connecting the rev2 with my daw using USB. After disconnecting and restarting everything's running fine again. During next days I'll try to monitor the midi transfer to watch if something strange is being transferred. Have a nice day!

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 10:08:11 AM »
Make sure your REV2 has the Local Control turned off as having it tuned on will cause issues you described when using with a DAW.
Synth Arsenal - Access Virus TI Polar, Moog Sub37, Nord A1, Nord Wave, DSI Prophet REV2, Roland TR8, Ableton Push 2

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 10:21:13 PM »
In my case local control was off so I don't know what caused the problem.

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 06:46:23 PM »
This happened to me as well once. Freaked out and.tried solving it and then realised I somehow made some stuff with Logic's external midi instrument. Don't remember if the settings mentioned above was on or off. Maybe some minor bug bypassed the setting? Just thinking out loud and sharing hehe.

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 07:14:55 AM »
This is what a synth will do when MIDI is fed back to it when local is on.