Volume issue

LoboLives

Volume issue
« on: July 29, 2017, 08:08:53 PM »
I was playing my Prophet 6 today and I noticed that some patches are extremely quiet. Despite moving the volume knob or program volume or any of the knobs it's extremely quiet on certain patches. I'm looking at the levels on the input on my recorder and it's picking something up but I just can barely hear it if at all. I adjusted the recorder a little bit but even still..when I initialize a louder patch it suddenly decreases in volume. Is there something I can do with the calibration or in Global Parameters to fix this?

LoboLives

Re: Volume issue
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 04:57:27 PM »
I also did two calibrations and put the Global settings back to factory settings. No luck. Ugh. I noticed now when I got on a patch that's initially louder and then initialize a patch the volume drops on that one too. It just seems to fluctuate randomly. Also the input on my mixer shows there is a signal coming through. First I thought it was the speakers or something but all my other synths work fine. Any idea what this could be?

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:45:56 AM »
*crickets*

LoboLives

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 08:00:01 AM »
42 Views and not one response? Anyone have any idea at all?

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 04:11:16 PM »
Is the low volume also present in headphone jack.?
Try taking the cables from your known good working synth and plug them into your P6. Try mono only.
Check pan on P6. Check pan in Daw. Make sure no pedals plugged into P6.  Check MIDI CC 7.
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 04:26:32 PM »
Is the low volume also present in headphone jack.?
Try taking the cables from your known good working synth and plug them into your P6. Try mono only.
Check pan on P6. Check pan in Daw. Make sure no pedals plugged into P6.  Check MIDI CC 7.

Nothing is plugged into the Prophet 6, the cables sadly have nothing to do with it, as it happens on specific patches, a cable wouldn't be that specific.

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 05:11:52 PM »
Perhaps it has something to do with the FX.
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

LoboLives

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 07:50:10 PM »
Perhaps it has something to do with the FX.

No because it happens when I initialize a patch. So the effects are off.

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 10:48:15 PM »
I also did two calibrations and put the Global settings back to factory settings. No luck. Ugh. I noticed now when I got on a patch that's initially louder and then initialize a patch the volume drops on that one too. It just seems to fluctuate randomly. Also the input on my mixer shows there is a signal coming through. First I thought it was the speakers or something but all my other synths work fine. Any idea what this could be?

This sounds exactly like the issue I just reported today.  Were you able to fix it?

LoboLives

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 12:18:34 PM »

This sounds exactly like the issue I just reported today.  Were you able to fix it?

Have to replace the board still. I'm waiting on a replacement board in the mail.